Chapter 27

Corbyn.

He's walking towards me and I can see that he's tempered. His constant frown is married to his face and his mouth is a hard line. All the muscles in his arms are tensed showing out his toned and worked out body.

But nothing of the above matters because as he comes closer, I see that a cigarette is resting between his fingers in his right hand. Anger builds up inside of me and by the time he stands close to me, I'm fuming.

"What are you-" he starts saying angrily but my rage doesn't allow him to talk despite his already angry state.

"What on earth is that!?" I shout pointing to the cigarette.

"Do you have any idea what this could do to you?" Thousands of the negative effects of smoking come to my mind and one is worst and more dangerous than the other. "You know what?" I ask and taking a step closer I grab it and throw it in the ground before I smash it with my shoe.

"I don't care if this is just a cigarette, if this contains weed or some other narcotic, if you smoke daily or if this is a one-time thing which I seriously doubt, you won't smoke EVER AGAIN! You put your rules and now I'll put mine. NO MORE SMOKING! Are we clear?" I ask and when I'm done I'm breathless, anger is still radiating off of me. But instead of looking angrier or annoyed, a smirk has formed on his lips.

"What?"

"Deal" he simply answers and I'm shocked. The surprising look on my face must say so but I clear my throat and blink in an attempt to cover it.

"Good," I state in a formal tone and turn around to leave.

Once I have my back on him, a grin appears on my face. A few meters before I disappear, I turn to look at him only to find him standing in the same spot under the green trees as the sunlight passing through the branches falls upon his face making him look...perfect. His head is cocked to one side, as usual, and a grin covers his beautiful face as well. Maybe we can do this.

The bell rings freeing us for the day. I walk through the chaos of students towards the exit doors but stop when a hand takes mine.

"Come with me," Corbyn proposes and I follow him to an emptier and quieter corridor that leads to the back instead of the front of the school. I notice that our hands are still intertwined and my heart melts at the action.

"Where are we going?"

"I have football practice" He explains and only then do I realize that he wears his football clothes.

"I still can't believe you smoke."

"I don't anymore, remember?" He smirks gazing down at me. "There's still a lot of things you don't know about me," He adds when we turn the corner and a big hallway unfolds before us.

I don't like to hear that even though I know it already. I want to get to know him but I can't ask him personal questions. I don't know how lucky I'll be to just catch him red-handed to discover more of the real Corbyn like today.

"I'll come to your house tonight," He states when we get out of the school and head to the huge soccer field. Boys are warming up in the center, or running circles around it and the memories of our kiss flood my mind.

"I don't think I'll see you,"

"Why?" He enquires stepping in front of me. We've reached the field and I see as more boys are getting in the field for the practice.

"I have an appointment with..."

"You have a date?" He asks and I look up to him. His jaw is tensed and his eyes are blank with anger.