|42|

"I hope everyone's ready to kick some Imp ass because I sure as hell am," I say, smiling a bit while popping my neck and shoulders. A few satisfying cracks sound out and I comfortably roll my neck out. 

"Don't tell me you're actually getting excited over this," Greef says, looking over at me as if I were absolutely crazy. Well, I guess you could say that I'm a little crazy, but that's not important right now. I look over at him and smile a bit, letting him know that I was indeed excited about our little situation now. 

"Somebody cover me," Mando says, shaking his head while walking over to the cantina door. Cara hops up onto the bar with her blaster as Mando and I step in front of the still-closed door. I look up at him and nudge his arm with my elbow. 

"Ready?" I ask, perking my brows up a bit. He nods his head once, then looking back towards the door. 

"Ready."

The door slides open and he immediately shoots one of the troopers while kicking another right in the chest. I smile and let out a small laugh, a little happy to see him in his proper element again. I mean, the circumstances aren't so great, but hey, we were getting there. 

Cara starts shooting as Greef and I follow Mando out of the cantina. I had started off with my blaster, but after a few minutes of using it and assessing the situation, I realized that there were a lot more stormtroopers than I remembered there being. So, I opted out and started using my lightsaber instead. 

I kind of felt bad for using it, but I was absolutely obliterating these fools with it. Even though I felt a little bad, I knew that I was going to be feeling a lot worse if one of these troopers actually managed to land a shot on me so... I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. 

"Gideon's mine!" I call out, making sure everyone else heard me. I don't get a response from any of them, so I automatically assume that they're all perfectly fine with it. After dealing with the squadron of stormtroopers that had been crowding around me, I whip around and try to see where everyone else was. 

Greef was dealing with a few troopers on his own, Cara was still giving us some cover from inside the cantina, and Mando... wait, where the hell was he? I look around a little more as my eyes land on him, he grabs the E-Web like a fucking maniac. My jaw drops to the floor as I watch him practically mow down a whole unit on his own. 

"Fucking Christ," I breathe out, a little surprised that he had managed to actually pull that off. 

But my awe was short-lived because just as I opened my mouth to tease him, an explosion goes off. I look over to the cantina to see that a Death Trooper had blasted the cantina door open. Cara was still in there but I knew her well enough to know that she was more than capable of taking on a few stormtroopers. I watch more than just a few troopers race in and I take a quick step forward. 

"Maybe I should just help-" I mutter to myself, but my words get cut off. 

A blaster shot whips right past my face, practically grazing the tip of my nose. I instantly reel back, trying to avoid any further contact with the burning bolt. I look over to the side to see Gideon with his blaster aimed right at me. I furrow my brows and turn to face him, spinning my lightsaber around. 

"Ouch," I spit sarcastically. 

"How about we have that rematch you were talking about earlier?" he says, nodding his head while shoving his blaster back into his holster. He draws out his dark saber and a small smirk plays out on my face. I spin my saber a few more times, almost grazing my own back as I did so, just wanting to look flashy. 

"Let's do this, old man," I say, slowly advancing towards him. 

He takes the first attack which I easily dodge, shifting my body to the side and swiping my own lightsaber up. As I bring it back down on him, he deflects it and spins the front of my saber around. I duck away from his next swing and roll out of the way, running the tip of my saber through the middle of his cape. The bottom half burns right off, falling to the ground as he whips around to face me. I roll back up to my feet and smirk.