Chapter 19

Author's Note: I'm so sorry I've kept you guys waiting so long. Hope you enjoy it!

_______________________

"So you haven't talked at all?"

You shake your head. "Other than at work, not for three days. I told him I needed some space to think and he's been respecting that."

"I don't understand. How did he go from, "let's get back to the basics" to "let's get married?"

"It's gotta be drugs right? I mean we've never even had a real date."

Emily chuckles from the driver's seat. "Maybe almost losing you made him realize how much he loves you."

"I don't know. I'm nervous to see him tonight. Did Rossi ever say what this little get-together was for?"

Emily slams on the brakes, pitching you forward in your seat.

"Emily, what the hell?"

"Oh my God. This is... Penelope!"

You stare at her, baffled. "What is happening?"

She turns to you, incredulous. "Y/N. Don't freak out."

"I'm already freaking out. You've stopped the car in the middle of the road and you're not forming complete sentences."

She shakes her head in disbelief. "Y/N, it's a surprise engagement party for you and Hotch. That's the big event at Rossi's."

It's a fucking WHAT?

You stare at her, mouth open. "What did you just say?"

"Penelope, she called us. Said Aaron had proposed and she wanted to throw you a surprise engagement party. We weren't supposed to say anything."

Oh. My. God.

"She fucking what?! You're kidding, right? Tell me you're kidding."

"I wish I could. I can't believe her. Aaron is going to be so embarrassed when everyone starts congratulating him and he has to tell them you haven't said yes yet."

Fuck, he's going to be so humiliated.

"Oh my God. We have to get there before Aaron does and put a stop to this. Emily, drive!"

Emily steps on the gas and you make it to Rossi's within fifteen minutes. You sprint out of the car and into the foyer, nearly colliding with Derek.

"Whoa killer, what's the rush?" He smiles wildly. "Missing Hotch that much?"

"Where is he?"

"He's in the kitchen with Rossi. What are you-"

You brush past him and rush towards the kitchen, shoving open the double doors.

"Aaron, come here!" You grab his arm and usher him out of the kitchen and down the hall to the guest bathroom.

"Y/N, is everything okay?"

"No, everything is not okay. Do you know why we're here?"

"As in, this bathroom or?"

You stamp your foot. "Aaron. This party. Do you know what it's for?"

"I assumed Rossi just wanted to get the team together, but everyone is acting suspicious, yourself included. Is something else going on?"

"Stay here."

"Y/N, what is-"

"Stay!" You order him, then bolt from the bathroom back to the kitchen.

"Y/N, is everything alright?" Rossi asks. Everyone turns to look at you.