《4》𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐬

after practice ended, you and akaashi walked home together. bokuto ran off telling us he was going to sleep over at kuroo's house. why he would sleepover at his house while he has loads of homework to do? you don't know. neways, walking side by side with akaashi has been pretty awkward so far. you both don't know what to say, so you've just been silent the whole time. yall, something must be stuffing the air today, because i can't breathe😭. bokuto's usually the one who starts and keeps the conversation going.

you decide to break up the awkward tension. "so...akaashi, how've you been doing this week?" you shut your eyes because of the embarrassment.

why would you say that? it's such a stupid thing to say. what if he-

"i've been doing fine this week. volleyball practices have been great so far, and i'm keeping up my grades. how about you, y/n?" he replies.

oh. "i guess i've been doing okay this week. you guys are doing great during volleyball - as usual, haha. but i've been having a hard time with chemistry. i'm so close to failing, and i can't let that happen because i don't wanna leave you guys." you put up a frown.

"i see. you have gotten kuroo-san's number, am i right?"

"mhm"

"have you contacted him for help with chemistry?" he asks.

"yeah, once. he's a great tutor, by the way."

he clenches his jaw. "i am sure he is." you can lit rally hear the venom coming from his voice.

he turns to face me. "you know you can contact me too if you ever need help with chemistry, right?"

"i wouldn't want to bother you, akaashi-kun. plus, you're a year younger than me. and you probably haven't learned what they're teaching us right now yet."

he walked in silence for a few seconds...before we began bursting out of laughter. "yeah you do have a point there," he says midst laughing.

"seeeee, you can't always expect yourself to be right!" you point out.

"since when have i been expecting i was gonna be right all the time"

"ALL. THE. TIME." we burst out laughing again.

a bunch of crazy and maniacal teenagers dying of laughter in the streets. no big deal😀

"just because you tend to be right most of the time with bokuto, doesn't mean it's gonna be the same for me," you say.

"well bokuto is dumber than you"

"I'M TELLING BOKUTO THAT. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE HIS BEST FRIEND, DON'T SAY THINGS LIKE THAT," i yell.

"you're also dumb but not as much as him," he says.

"oh, you did not just say that. chemistry is the only subject i am not good at. i'm great at everything else, period. we are no longer best friends, akaashi." you respond.

he giggles, and as you start walking towards your house all by yourself, you catch something he says under his breath.

"that's the thing. i don't want to be just friends," and he walks away.

---

bokuto😽

(4:01 pm)

guess what?!

what? SPILL DA TEA😼

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT
AKAASHI JUST SAID ABOUT YOU

WHAT?! PLEASE TELL😡

he said that you were...

?

a dumbass

HE DID NOT😡😡😡😡

he did😐

I AM SMART ASF
PERIODT

PERIODT BEST FRANNN💅

YES

we luv that self confidence
even tho we cant see it🤭

BITCH
TAKE THAT BACK RN

no❤️

im taking all your chicken nuggets
away

and?

im telling your mom😡

so?

IM TELLING KUROO TO
BLOCK YOU SO HE CANT
HELP U WITH CHEM ANYMORE

wait
no
NO
i still need him for my chem hw
later😭
PLEASE
SORRY BBY🥺
FORGIVE ME❤️
DONT DO THAT💖
ILY🥰

i hate you
look how bipolar ur being rn🙄

SAYS THE ONE WHO GOES
INTO EMO MODE EVERY
TIME YOU HIT A BALL OUT
OF COURT OR HIT IT INTO
THE NET OR EVEN WHEN
YOU GET BLOCKED

THE OTHER TEAMS ARE
RUINING MY REP
THEY'RE LOWERING MY SELF CONFIDENCE
im not good enough😿
maybe i should just quit the team
goodbye
i won't miss u btw

WAIT NO IM SORRY BBY
PLEASE
DONT LEAVE
WE NEED YOU
UR THE BEST
WE LUV YOU
ESPECIALLY AKAASHI AND I

im the best?

YES YOU ARE BOO
YOU'RE THE NUMBER 5 ACE IN
JAPAN
CMON NOTHING CAN BEAT THAT
IF YOU QUIT THEN YOULL NEVER
GET TO PLAY AGAINST SAKUSA
AGAIN
REMEMBER HOW MUCH YOUVE
ALWAYS WANTED TO BEAT HIM
USHIJIMA TOO
so plz dont leave🥺

ty🥺
ur so sweet🥺
ily💖
im not leaving😽

ily too💖