seven

Louis' pov:

It's been a week.

A week out on my own. I can't deny that I miss Harry. I've been trying to tell myself that it was nothing, that I felt nothing.

But really I felt so much. For Harry, I mean. For the first time in a couple of months, I felt safe and secure.

Harry was the first person to show any care towards me in a long time. My parents never truly cared for me, always turning a blind eye to me. It hurt, but i got used to it after a while. I got so used to it, that it started to hurt, not feeling the love from your own parents, that I left, thinking if they didn't want me, than i'll just leave.

I wish I was in Harry's arms right now, his musky scent filling my nose, as the son fort wants my body. But I can't, or at least I won't, allow myself to rely on another alpha again. It always leads to something bad.

I've been in my wolf form ever since I left the Styles Pack territory. Being in wolf form, blocks out most of the cold, being my fur is thick and warm.

Time goes by slowly, day by day, as I begin to get colder and run lower on food. I've luckily found a cave to sleep in and have been staying there the past couple days. I've managed to find some start pieces of wood today to make a fire to get back some warmth.

I'm sitting by the fire when I hear the breaking of branches just outside the cave. My head shots up and my eyes widen, fear coursing through my body immediately. I move father back into the cave, staying as quiet as possible.

I see a figure come into view and an unfamiliar scent. I grow scared as the figure walks into the cave. I get a whiff of the scent and realize it's an alpha.

Oh god.

I hold my breath as I walk further back but end up stumbling and falling backwards, straight onto my bum. Stupid clumsy self.

I whimper in pain, the fall with the sound making the alpha walk towards me, causing me to whimper again.

"Well hello there little omega" he speaks, his voice raspy but something in it is unsettling unlike Harry's that fills his body with warmth.

"P-please, don't h-hurt me" I stutter out, scared shitless.

"Oh, I won't hurt you, I just wanna have a little fun" his voice hints with arousal, probably getting off on my fear.

"No! P-please" I say, he comes closer and I duck under his open arms, running straight out of the cave and into the woods, not too sure where i'm going but anywhere is better than in that cave with that alpha.

I run, run, and continue to run, noticing a familiar area and knowing i'm close to Harry's pack. I make a quick decision that if I don't want the rogue alpha to find me, my safest bet is going to Harry's pack, also missing Harry's comfort but that's definitely not the main reason i'm going back.

I continue to run all the way back to the opening gates to the pack. I quickly run through them and emit a high-pitched whine, causing head s to turn which only makes me whine again at the unwanted attention.

After a couple moments, I get a whiff of the scent I have been missing and needing. I turn to the way the scent is coming from and meet Harry's frantic and worried eyes. I whine again, close to slipping.

"Omega!" Harry rushes forward and catches me as my eyes close and let the warm fuzzy feeling enclose on my body.

___

Harry's pov:

Louis collapses into my arms, falling into omega space. I gently lift him bridal style into my arms, trying to avoid the prying eyes and whispering that's going on around us and head inside with Louis.

I go upstairs to my bedroom, laying him softly under the covers, tucking him in, and laying down next to him, not wanting him to be alone when he wakes up.

Three hours pass by, and i've been left with my thoughts, just stating as Louis sleeps. Any thoughts consume me, not realizing Louis stirring awake, until he says my name.

"H-harry?" his voice sounds so small and I just want to wrap him up in my arms and never let him go again.

"It's me, Lou. How are you feeling?"

"I-I'm fine. What happened?"

"I'm not sure, all I know is that you ran through the pack gates, frantic and whining like you were in trouble. I heard the whines and came rushing and you collapsed in my arms" I say, watching his facial expressions change as I speak.

I can see his eyes gloss over, and i'm thinking that he is reliving the memory of what happened. I decide to let him relive, knowing that in these cases, omegas need to understand why they dropped to have some peace of mind.

It take a couple of minutes until Louis is coming back to reality, looking white as a ghost and a prominent frown on his face. Tears well in his eyes and I quickly hug him, rocking him back and forth as he sobs in my neck.

"It's alright. You're okay" I whisper in his ear, softly. Louis goes to speak, and I know he is going to explain. "You don't have to explain if you're not ready" I tell him.

"N-no, it's okay. I want to."

"Take your time."

"When I l-left, I traveled not t-too far, but far enough so I wasn't on your t-territory. I found a s-small cave somewhere and r-rested there. I was s-sitting by the fire I-I built when I h-heard something o-outside the cave. T-then I smelled it, it was an a-alpha. He c-came into the c-cave and backed me i-into a corner. He s-said he wanted to have a little f-fun. I made a r-run for it and ended up at your pack gates and knew it was my best option if I didn't want the alpha to get me. Sorry" Louis says and i'm a mixture of angry, worried and sad.

"No need to be sorry. It's me who should i be apologizing to you. I should have never let you leave. That must have been so scary for you, darling" I say gently, the pet name slipping right through my lips.

"Thank you" Louis whispers, looking down at his lap, sniffling.

"How about we get some food in your stomach, huh?"

"Yes, please."

~~