9

Alice Avery

When I decided to head back home to the apartment, Theo didn't talk to me. I think he knew I wasn't particularly up for it at the moment. Eventually we'd have some conversation about everything but for the night I sat huddled up in my room binge watching Shameless. The next morning I woke up and tried my best to push my negative thoughts aside and stay somewhat positive.

I came into the main area of the apartment and Theo walked right up to me and handed me a cup filled with hot coffee. I muttered a quick thank you and noticed Link and Ricky on the sofa. They might as well live here. I took my chances and sat in the padded chair beside them.

"Well good morning Alice." Link says like the cocky asshole he is and I just sip my coffee and watch the morning news displayed on the television. "How've you been?" He asks with a sarcastic tone and I have to stop my eyes from rolling.

"Splendid." I lie with a half cold tone and take another sip from my mug.

"Word around is you almost put Trent in a coma." Link says which captures my attention. That sure as hell traveled fast, Trent would hate that it got out. Theo joined his friends on the sofa and my face cringed at his beaten face.

"Yeah right." Ricky scoffs as he crosses his arms in front of his chest.

"He was unconscious when I left." I shrug and I see Ricky's eyebrows raise from the corner of my eye.

"You shouldn't have done that," Theo chimes in quietly. "He'll kill you when he gets his hands on you."

"I don't have anything to be afraid of anymore." I state in a small but stern voice. One of my biggest fears occurred two nights ago, I've got nothing to worry about now; nothing to hide. I still hated that people knew and would've loved to keep it a secret but the universe had other plans.

The awkward silence was looming around until suddenly Ricky stood up and dragged me out of the living room. He pulled me through the hall and pushed me into my room. "What's your problem now?" I sigh out as he shuts the door behind him. He runs his hands down his face and lets out a frustrated sigh.

"Just because everyone knows about your asshole parents now, doesn't grant you permission to go around and tell people-"

"I'm not a dick, Ricky." I interrupt him. "I was never going to say anything about what you told me, not everything is about you." I finish and walk out of the room. Something I've acknowledged about Ricky is that he seems to think the world revolves around him. It's arrogant. I wasn't his biggest fan but I still would never go around telling everyone about his Mother.

I walked back into the living room and walked up to Theo and stood in front of him. "How are you feeling?" I struggle out, I was bad at this whole sympathy thing. It came out as more of a demand then a question.

"I'm okay Alice." He assures me and I nod stiffly, I need lessons. I was terrible at talking to people, even my family members, I was just wired that way. I grabbed my car keys and slipped on my vans and decided to pay Trent another visit, a less psychical one I might add.

When I arrived at his house I stormed into his house right when he opened the door. I expected him to swing at my but I just got a light shove. "Back off Avery." He warns but I stay my place and put my hands on my hips.