Chapter 17

YAY it's Saturday :D

Anyways - time to announce the winner of the cover contest!

And it is....

*************************************************************************************************************

                                                                          Jabooker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                              Thanks so much!! Your cover is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!

*************************************************************************************************************

Everyone else, thanks so much for all your awesome covers! It was a very difficult decision, and I hope you agree that I made the right one! Thanks for taking the time to make a cover and participate, it means so much to me!

Edited by my best friend, Kat :D MERCI SO MUCHHHH <3

Anyhow :D Sorry that it's so late. Where I am, it's still Saturday (about 11 pm, but still!) I worked for HOURS on this, so I hope you enjoy and DONT EAT ME :D

Anyways, here is the extra-long intense chapter!

ENJOY <3

BEWARE OF THE UNEXPECTED! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liza P.O.V.

"Okay, darling, remember that I'm hanging the gun up by the door," my dad said for the billionth time already.

"I know! I know!" I said, exasperated.

"Remember to always scope before you shoot and-" he continued, before I cut him off again.

"Dad, you taught me how to shoot years ago. And yes, I promise not to go outside without my pepper spray. And yes, I promise not to go outside at all after dark. And yes, I promise not to go into the woods again. Happy?" I exclaimed, throwing up my hands.

He grinned, the corners of his eyes crinkling up. "You know me too well, sweetie."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, I do. Now get to work already!" I started to shove him towards the door playfully, pushing his coat into his hands at the same time.

"Okay, okay! I'm going!" he said, finally giving in. "Just remember what I told you!" Before I could comment, he rushed out of the door, and I shook my head.

Never, I repeat, never tell your dad that you almost got attacked by a wolf outside your house.

Twice.

                                                            ****************************************

My father wouldn't let me go to school on Friday, scared that I was still scarred from my encounter. I only had a few bruises, and a couple of cuts, but otherwise, physically, I was fine. Mentally? Still a little shaken up, but nothing a few shouting teachers couldn't fix.

Urghh... Overprotective parents.

So I spent all of Friday at home, answering a few hundred of Hailey's worried phone calls. I caught up on my homework that I hadn't done the night before, rearranged my shoes, and even made an omelette for lunch. And that was saying a lot, because my lunch normally consisted of a sandwich. So I had to be pretty bored to be prepared to put in so much effort.