~17~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

Steve and I walked into the lab with the Maximoff twins, seeing Tony and Bruce messing with the cradle.

"I'm only gonna say this once-" Steve started, but Tony cut him off.

"How about nonce?" Tony shot back, and I approached the cradle, observing it.

"Tony, shut it down." I warned, and Steve glared at him.

"Shut it down!"

"Nope, not gonna happen." Tony responded, and I placed my hand on the cradle, warningly.

"You're going to create another murder bot." I said, and Tony raised his hand toward me, his iron armour adorning the skin, threatening me.

"Don't you dare."

"You don't know what you're doing." Steve told Bruce, making him laugh condescendingly.

"And you do? She's not in your head?" He asked, gesturing towards Wanda, who nodded in understanding.

"I know you're angry-" She began, but Bruce cut her off, which didn't surprise me, after what she did to him.

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

"Banner, after everything that's happened-" Steve started, and Tony jumped in this time.

"That's nothing compared to what's coming!"

"You don't know what's in there!" Wanda examined, and I focused my energy on the cradle.

"I'm done with this." I said, placing my other hand on the cradle.

"Shut it down, or I will."

"No." Tony responded, and the metal underneath my hands began turning to stone, but before it could go much further, I was hit with a repulsor beam, and I flew to the floor, the cradle remaining intact.

"This isn't a game Tony!" Steve yelled, racing toward me, offering me his hand to help me up.

"The creature-" Wanda tried to explain, but Pietro used his quick speed to destroy the lab equipment around us, making me smile slightly in relief.

"No, no. Go on. You were saying?" He asked, but a bullet through the glass undernea us sent Pietro through the floor.

"Pietro!" Wanda screamed, and I saw Clint holding gun on the bottom floor, smirking.

"What? You didn't see that coming?" I heard him ask, and Bruce grabbed Wanda.

"Go ahead, piss me off."

Everything felt tense, and I knew a fight was about to break out, but Thor entered quickly, pounding on the cradle with Mjolnir, sending a massive bolt of lightning through the building.

"Thor!" I exclaimed, but my joy was short lived when a body emerged from the cradle, flying across the room as we all chased after it.

"I'm sorry, that was odd." It said, turning to Thor, who stood next to him.

"Thankyou."

Thor gave him a nod, walking over to me, bringing me in for a hug.

"Are you alright?" He asked, and I nodded, hugging him back tightly.

"I am, are you?" I asked, making me brother nod.

"Of course."

"Thor, you helped create this?" Steve asked, and Thor let go of me, moving back to stand next to the new super bot.