18. That's Intense

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

           I woke up with the sudden feeling of cold air attacking my body. When I looked around Bellamy was gone and the flap being used as the 'door' as still waving back and forth. He had just left. I quickly slip on my shoes and grab Wells' jacket slipping it on as I run outside. Bellamy has a torch in hand and with his free one he was checking in all the tents. He threw a flap down angrily and looked around.

           "Octavia!" He yelled, but there was no answer.

           I quickly run over to him still trying to finish lacing my boots. Without meaning to I bumped into him and nearly lost my balance. Bellamy grabs me with his free hand and pulls me up and into his chest to keep me from falling. I suddenly feel heat rush to my face especially when I notice the small smile on his face as he stares at me.

"Hi." I say with a small almost nonexistent voice.

"Hi." He replied back with a stronger voice than mine, but softer than he would use with anyone else. I straighten up and pull away from him, but he keeps an arm wrapped around my waist, "Why are you up?" He asks.

"I woke up and you were gone." I admit, and I see the smile on his face grow, "What's going on? Is everything okay?

He suddenly becomes more serious shaking his head, "No, I can't find Octavia. I haven't see her since yesterday."

I nod, beginning to glance around camp, "We'll find her." He looked off, "I'll help you look, and if worst comes to worst we can get a search party together."

He nods and shots me a small smile. He moves away from me and I can't help but frown at the sudden loss of contact. He makes up for it by taking my hand in his and pulling me along with him. When he checked the next tent Clarke was sitting up, she didn't hesitate to come out, probably to yell at Bellamy.

"You're up?"

"Yeah. Knowing that hundreds of people might be dying on The Ark makes it pretty hard to sleep." She spits venomously.

"Raven's flares will work." I retorted, letting go of Bellamy's hand and crossing my arms over my chest.

      Bellamy glance over at me with a small frown, but in all honesty I didn't really notice. I was too focused on Clarke.

"Her radio would've worked better."

"Let it go, Clarke." I say whilst rolling my eyes.

"Have you seen Octavia?" Bellamy suddenly asks, reminding me that he was there and I was no longer holding his hand.

I unfolded my arms and reached for his hand. Clarke didn't notice but then again I don't care if she does. Bellamy intertwined our fingers making me smile. He tugged on my hand pulling me a few steps closer, which made me realize I had taken a few steps away from him to get closer to Clarke.

"No. It's Octavia. She's probably chasing butterflies."

"Clarke, I've checked the camp. She's not here." He presses.