Chapter 5: Safe House

Students wandered around like zombies as the day was starting to draw to a close. Those who were skipping snuck around the hallways, trying to avoid any teachers from sending them to the library and actually making them do some form of work. 

Those who had free periods used their time sparingly, lining up at the school gates or outside of their respective club rooms. A teacher gave a tired huff as they made their way down to the courtyard to stop students who were hiding in giant leaf piles and pranking the doomed souls who were unfortunate enough to pass by them.

All Blyke could do was roll his eyes as he heard yet another set of footsteps scurry through the quiet hallways, excited to have the day be done with.

How he wish he could join them...

.

.

.

The redhead could only narrow his eyes in disapproval as he watched the clock. The lonely, blank face mounted on the wall practically teased him as each arm slowly swung around in a rhythmic fashion. 

Blyke wished he could make the damned thing move faster. He was currently sitting at his desk in the back of the room, the clock in question looming over him from behind.

The teacher was currently grading quizzes and things of similar nature. She would occasionally look up but as long as everyone was reading, she didn't care. The students however were either craned over their books like vultures, or in obscure positions. 

One teen was currently reading his book while sitting on his desk, his feet kicked up on the back of another student's chair. 

Oh the perks of an English class with Mrs. Fralk.

Too bad Blyke couldn't find them.

He hated English and wanted nothing more than to blast his textbook out of existence. He may do that once the year is over and done with.

Having a textbook for this class was the dumbest thing ever. English was just words and learning how to put them in coherent sentences! You don't need an entire 700 page textbook to figure that out! Yet somehow, they still had one.

Why? Blyke would never know.

All he knew was that he had to read through chapters 53 and 58 and write a short two page essay by the time class was over or finish the rest for homework.

Normally, Blyke didn't mind writing. He actually found it rather enjoyable. The problem was, he was exhausted. He couldn't even get through two pages of the textbook without almost falling asleep.

All the coffee in the world wouldn't be able to keep him awake. He'd already gone through an extra large with 6 shots of espresso and yet he still fell asleep 3 classes in. He had wanted to get another from the school cafe but Remi had to practically drag him away, saying she was trying to prevent him from overdosing on caffeine, as if such a thing existed! (It does btw.)

Normally, he wouldn't mind falling asleep in class. It wouldn't be the first time and it wasn't like there was much to do anyways. But it was however the 5th time he almost fell asleep during class today.

He had already gotten scolded by his Trigonometry teacher for dozing off and falling right off his chair, causing a round of snickers and chuckles to fall upon the room. Blyke admits the scene would have been comical if it had happened to anyone but him.

Why was he falling asleep in class you may ask?

Oh that's right...

Because he was STILL rooming with Isen!