You/Yumeko Jabami - Nothing Part 3

Yumeko couldn't stop staring at you

Yumeko couldn't stop staring at you. She hated not being able to do anything and the longer she went without you, the more she ached for you.

"Yumeko, stop staring. You're going to get on the student council's bad side and I'm not going to pull you out of it."

She turned to face Mary, letting out a sigh of disappointment.

"I don't care for them. I care about (y/n). I can't just sit here and watch Kirari use her. I need to do something."

Yumeko stood up to make her way over to you but got pulled down by Mary. The last thing Mary needed was for her to cause a scene. If they were going to get you out of your life plan, they couldn't be on anyone's bad side until it was done.

"No. You need to be smart about this, Yumeko. We need to be smart about this. Kirari has control over the whole school and.."

"That's it! You have control over Ririka. Why don't we ask her to help us."

"What?! I don't have control over Ririka. What are you talking about?"

"Oh don't be ridiculous, Mary. Ryota and I can see how in love she's with you. She'll do anything for you."

"That's not true. How can you even tell with that mask that she wears?"

"Trust me, we know. She rolls over like a puppy and lets you guide her leash with a simple command. You can convince her to help us."

"I'm not going to do that. If Kirari finds out that we're using her sister against her, she'll find a way to make the rest of our lives miserable."

"Well then we'll make sure that Kirari doesn't find out. Will you ask her to help us? Please Mary?"

Yumeko begged with her puppy dog eyes. Mary might deny it but it was impossible to deny anything that Yumeko asked for when she made that face.

"Alright! Just stop doing that. I'll ask her after school."

"Thank you, Mary!"

X

Mary had talked to Ririka after school. She had expected for Ririka to decline helping you but she had quickly agreed to help. Yumeko had been right about Ririka doing anything that Mary asked her. The thought made her smile.

It's just Mary and Ririka outside the student council room, minutes before Ririka would challenge Kirari for a gamble.

"It's okay if you changed your mind, Ririka."

"No! I want to do this, Mary. For you and (y/n). It's not fair of Kirari to be treating (y/n) like that."

Mary nods and the top of them walk in.

"Ah, Ririka and Mary. To what do I owe the pleasure of the two of you barging in on my tea time?"

"I want to gamble Kirari. Loser owes the winner a favor."

Kirari raised her brow at the two of them, curious about favor Ririka would want to ask her.

"If you want to ask for a favor, you can just ask Ririka. There's no reason to gamble."

"I want a gamble, Kirari. It's a simple yes or no."

Kirari smiled in amusement. For the first time in forever, Ririka had stood up for herself, Kirari was...proud of her older sister.

"Alright. I'll gamble with you. That's only if you accept the new terms. If I win, Mary will also owe me a favor."

Ririka's eyes widen as she turned to face Mary. She wasn't worried about owing Kirari a favor if she lost but now that Mary was being included on the bet, she worried. There was no telling what Kirari would ask of Mary.

"We'll do it. If you win, Ririka and I will owe you favors."

"Excellent. I knew that I liked you for a reason. Lets get started shall we?"

X

You weren't sure what was going on. Mary and Ririka had barged into the room and demanded to gamble with Kirari for some strange reason. As far as you knew, Ririka never stood up to her sister and Mary hated being in the same room as the President. You had so many questions to ask but you were sure that Kirari wouldn't like for you to speak out of turn.

You watched as the two sisters gamble with each other. Each sister winning a round until the last one. Ririka and Kirari were tied and you were nervous about what was to come. Especially for Mary. The two of you weren't in good terms but you would hate for Mary to be dealing with the same thing that you were dealing with. You wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy.

"Show your cards?"

You peaked over Kirari's shoulder to see who had won. Your eyes widen in surprise to find that Ririka had managed to beat her sister.

"Looks like you won, Ririka. What is the favor that you wish to ask for?"

Ririka turned to face Mary and then looked at you. Kirari's eyes narrowed at Ririka, finally realizing what was going on.

"Is this the favor that you really want to ask for, Ririka? Think very carefully about it because there's no going back from this."

Ririka doesn't waste another second as she confirms that it's what she wants.

"Yes. I want you to get rid of her life plan meaning that all her debt is paid."

"Very well."

Kirari stood up from her chair and walked up to you, she reaches around your neck and takes of the tag that she had made specifically for you.

"You no longer owe the student council so you're no longer any obligation to the life plan."

You rush out of the room with both Ririkia and Mary, not wanting to be in the room any longer. When the three of you are far away, you pull them in for a quick hug.

"I can't thank you enough. I literally owe my life to the two of you."

You tell them. Mary struggles against your hold, making you let her go.

"Stop. Yumeko was the one who was insisting on helping you. You should be thanking her."

"You're right. I need to go find her."

X

"Yumeko!"

You yell from the end of the hallway when you spot her coming out of one of the gamble rooms. She turns to face you, her serious expression turning to one of joy when her eyes land on you.

"(y/n)!"

The two of you run up to each other, finally meeting in the middle. You're about to lean in for a hug when Yumeko grabs the collar of your shirt and pulls you in for a kiss. Kirari would often do this to you at her events and you hated but you didn't mind it when Yumeko did it.

"I couldn't go any longer without kissing you. All these months without you just made me realize how much I love."

"Yume..."

"You don't have to respond to that. You just got out of that hell that Kirari put you through but I couldn't keep that to myself either."

You give her a small smile and another quick kiss.

"I was just going to say that I love you too."