*Saying Goodbye is Hard*

Charlie's POV

There is a day that we all dread. The day that when suddenly not everything is sunshine and rainbows.

The call came in at 2:14 am on May twentieth.

My mother's cancer had spread from her breast to her lungs and liver. They had caught it to late. The night of my mother's scan she had passed away.

They said she didn't feel any pain but we all knew it was the opposite. She was in so much pain but she kept fighting for her family.

I sat in the middle of the hospital waiting room feeling completely numb. As much as I normally cry, no tears would come out. I just felt numb.

Nurses and doctors would try and talk to me but I just kept looking forward.

    I didn't want to picture my life without my mother. I already didn't have my father and now I don't have my mother. I only have Cole left and he lives in a different state.

    I sat in the waiting room for what seemed like hours. Eventually I felt a figure pull me into their body. Based off the feel on them I could tell it was Jacob. I could hear the distant voices of my friends but I didn't make a move to well, move.

    "Back off!" I suddenly heard Jacob snap. This brought me back to reality. Doctors stood over us looking down at us in fear. Jacob's arms were wrapped tightly around me holding me tightly to him. Austin, Victoria, Laura, Mike, and a very sleepy looking Ben all sat in chairs around me.

    "She's gone." I whispered, still void of any emotion. Jacob's arms tightened even more if that was even possible. No body dared to utter a word. Cole had arrived a little while ago. He tried to come and hug me but Jacob basically growled at him to leave me be. I was thankful.

"Miss Mack I really need to speak with you." The doctor said coming back over. I nodded slowly and stood up. I followed behind the doctor slowly as I left my friends in the waiting room.

The doctor led me to a more secluded part of the room and began speaking.

"Your mother's cancer spread faster than any of us could have imagined. We pictured that she had months, even years more. The body has a hard way of proving us wrong." He spoke but then stopped.

"Your mother was special to all of us here. We aren't supposed to say this but she was even our favorite. Her smile would brighten the room on a bad day. She was an amazing woman and all of the hospital, including me is sorry for your loss." The doctor said giving my shoulder a soft squeeze. A sign of care.

"I know this is way to soon but we have to know. Where do you want us to put your mother's things. We have to clear out the room as soon as possible." The older doctor muttered.

"I just got told my mother died and you already want to ask me where you should put her things. Wow you people are unbelievable." I muttered before turning around and walking away. I saw down next to Jacob again not uttering a single word.

"Come on, let's get you home." Jacob whispered standing up. I stood up after and looked up at him. He sighed and put his ands under my arms and picked me up. My arms wrapped around his neck and my legs wrapped around his waist. I laid my head in his neck so I couldn't see anything around me.

*************************************

     Jacob and I sat on my bed in silence. He held me close to him and ran his hand up and down my back.

    "She's gone. She's really gone." I whispered finally letting the first tear fall. Jacob was quick to kiss it away.

    "I know." He mumbled kissing my forehead.

    "I cry too much." I blurted randomly after a few moments of silence. Jacob leaned back and raised an eyebrow at me.

   "I cry at everything. I cry when I'm sad, happy, mad. God I'm just a ball tears tears. It must be annoying." I said laughing to myself. Jacob Judy grabbed my face in his hands and examined me.

    "Did you fall and hot your head?" He asked raising his eyebrow again. I let out a laugh but it sounded more like a sob.

    "I don't know what I'm going to do with out her." I said closing my eyes. I felt a kiss over the tear that slipped.

    "When my mother died I didn't know how I would survive either, but I did. You have me. I will be here." He said pulling me to him. I nodded and just sat there. I know that I have people that are there for me, but without my mom, I feel empty.

"I love you so much Charlie. No matter what happens I will always love you. Whatever I do to fuck this up because I know I will know I will always love you. I need you to remember that okay?" He said pushing a piece of my hair behind my ear. I looked up at him and nodded.

"I love you too Jacob." I said smiling up at him. He smiled down at me and connected our lips.

We pulled away shortly and just enjoyed being in each other's presence. The world has a sick way of taking people away from us. We can't do anything to stop it from happened or preventing it from happening.

I want to stay here in Jacob's arms while I still have the chance. The world has one sick way of taking people out of it and I don't want to waste any last second.

   Saying goodbye to my mother was way harder than I had thought. I never want to say goodbye to someone important to me again.

Sorry for the shorter chapter guys!!