011

***

***

"who's starting?"

i looked at both jongin and bona, from the back seat of their car. jongin sitting on the passenger seat while bona sat beside me, leaving the driver to stand outside for privacy reasons.

"i don't even know where to begin from," bona explained, the silence in the car sickening.

"you were cheating on taehyung?" i asked, looking over to face her.

she sighed and shook her head, "i didn't, in fact, taehyung knows who jongin is, to me and himself."

i scrunched my eyebrows in confusion, "he knows? but how. . "

"he saw us together at a ball, the one where the british royal family paid a visit." suddenly jongin spoke from the front, turning his head to look over his shoulder.

"the one held in 2018?" i asked and he nodded, i looked at him and bona in surprise.

"t-that—"

"that was a year before mine and taehyung's wedding was finalized," i nodded, gesturing her to continue.

"look, me and taehyung both don't like each other in that way. we both don't want this wedding fiasco to happen, it's only happening because of the stupid things our ancestors did."

"but we don't have to follow them." jongin interrupted, "we were sorting out a plan to cancel this engagement and we might have found a way through."

"so, the two of you don't like each other and are put in a forced marriage where neither of you two can disagree to it?" i said, seeing bona nod.

"we can disagree but the punishments that come with it are unbearable,"

"punishments like what?"

"being stripped from your title, your house, land, power and money is taken away from you, and those are just the starters." i gaped at her words, it sounded so terrifying almost as if it were a movie.

bona chuckled dryly, "you probably expected the royalty to be all prim and proper where sunflowers and daisy's bloom, but that also were dark secrets are held."

"taehyung knew about you and jongin?"

"yeah, that's why we have to pretend that nothing is going on and be the couple everyone wants, attend ball's and charity events together," she explained and i nodded.

"and why he bring me to that ball?"

"i don't know but that was a smart move from taehyung, he tried to divert the media's attention from me and him so that they would think that there's fallout happening between the two of us."

"which worked."

i suddenly remembered the news headlines talking about bona and taehyung's scandals and appearances that were not together.