Chapter 36 - How to Save A Life

30 minutes earlier...

"Who's shooting them?" Chaeryeong asked in confusion, holding on tightly to Sunghoon's hand unaware. She's currently using it as a stress ball. Sunghoon didn't mind. He needed to hold onto someone anyway. His arm that was shot was killing him in pain. He felt like he's going to die.

Once most of Jiro's men were taken down, the cops entered the warehouse pointing their guns at the kids including Hoshi and his crew.

"Now you know why the mafia game is dumb." Minghao whispered, not missing a chance to remind Hoshi his stupidity.

"Shut up Minghao." Hoshi responded irritatedly.

"Drop your weapons and hands up!" They told them.

Sunghoon kicked the gun towards the cops like the obedient child that he is. Sunoo on the other hand kept it on his side due to trauma. He felt unsafe after watching his friends get shot at. There was nobody he could trust even himself anymore.

Like Sunghoon, Jay surrendered his gun.

"Four armed men, was reported but there's only two firearms, and it was the caller who has it and hos twin. What the fuck is this Park Jay? What are you trying to prove? That you can beat the system?" The cop asked.

"Well guess what, you can't!" He proudly said and was about to handcuffs Jay when Minghao kicked their hands to make them accidentally drop their guns, and took them all, passing it to Hoshi, and Dino. They are not at rhe possession of two pistol guns each.

"On your knees, hands behind your head or I'll fucking shoot." Hoshi said with pride after being humiliated by Minghao so much. This is the state he wanted Hoshi to be. Angry enough that couldn't chit chat too much and comfortably. He gets easily comfortable with people sometimes.

The cop hissed to make fun of him since his leg is bleeding but Hoshi shot his head right away, sending him falling dead on the dirty floor next to Lia, making the kids scream in fear; especially Lia who saw his face. His eyes still open, smoke coming out of his wound as well as blood and brains.

Jay pulled her towards him and covered her eyes right away. "It's ok Iya. I'm here." He whispered toher as she trembled in fear. This could've calmed her down on a normal day, but today, after seeing people get shot at and get pointed by a gun, she just could make herself calm down.

The other cops got on their knees and placed their hands behind their heads in fear.

"We don't need them." Hoshi told Minghao, asking for permission to shoot their heads.

"We need them as hostages. They might've called back up." Minghao told Hoshi while lighting a cigarette, then looked at Jay. "Where's Junhui?" He asked him.

Jay pointed at the room where they hid Jun.

Minghao exhaled with smoke from his cigarette. "I changed my mind, we might have to kill Jiro ourselves. If Lee Joon hyung comes here and saw Heeseung bleeding, he might not agree to our deal. You're such a dumbass." He told Hoshi, making him more furious, pointing his gun at the cops, ready to kill and relieve his stress on them.

"Heeseung hyung!" Jay said and stood up, taking Lia towards the room where everyone else is. "Niki! I trust you. Please protect Lia." He said and gave him the gun in his possession.

"Sunoo? How's Sunoo!?" Niki asked Jay before he can leave the room.

"He's all good. He's not shot and he has a gun. He hasn't surrendered it. I think the scary men won't hurt us anymore. But don't put your guard down." Jay told them.

"It'll be ok noona." Niki told Lia, making Lia bury her face on his chest.

If Jay says he trusts this kid, he's got to be reliable.