seven - dream

a throb pulsates heavily through my skull and my arms flail to cover my eyes, shielding them from the harsh brightness of the room. wincing, i force myself to sit up, gulping away the bile rising up my throat. i internally promise myself to never drink again, as this is definitely the worst part. i open my eyes slowly, letting them adjust to the light, and it takes me a few seconds to realise i'm in george's apartment. memories from yesterday start resurfacing in my mind, and a wave of sadness and confusion washes over me.

sighing, i stand up and almost trip over something. when i look down, i see george's body lying still, and guilt instantly floods through my body.

i debate whether i should move him or not, but then i'm reminded of how hard it must've been for him to deal with my drunken state. i crouch down next to him, putting one arm underneath his head, and the other under his knees. i carefully lift him onto the couch, hoping he'd be more comfortable now.

i trudge over to the kitchen, running a cup under the cold tap before taking a long drink from it; my organs must be celebrating. i walk into the bathroom, instantly splashing the cool water from the tap onto my face, and my pounding head thanks me in return.

as i step back out into the front room, george begins to wake, mumbling a short, "morning."

"morning." i reply, my voice hoarse and strained from drinking so much.

"how do you feel?" he asks, and i feel guilty once again.

i chuckle lowly, "hm, okay. my head hurts."

"i can imagine." he stands up, and i follow him into the kitchen as he pours himself a cup of water. he brings the glass to his lips, and i watch his adam's apple bob up and down before he sets the cup back into the sink to wash later. we walk together back into the front room, and i begin tidying things away. i push the table back where it belongs, as george must've moved it to sleep next to me.

"i'm, uh, sorry for you having to deal with me. i shouldn't have come here drunk."

"it's okay." his says sincerely.

"you know, i wouldn't have minded if you just shut the door in my face. i would totally understand."

he giggles at this, "too late now."

"well, now you know for next time." i state, laughing along with him.

"next time?" he questions, raising his brow at me as he takes the bundle of blankets from my hands. i grin at him in response, looking down at him. he shakes his head, trying to not to smile as he turns and walks into his bedroom.

i turn, and start rearranging the pillows on the couch as i hear george walk back into the room.

"i noticed you're running out of milk."

his laughter fills the room.

"shopping trip?" i ask, walking over to where he's standing.

he crosses his arms and looks up at me, "i am not running out of milk."

i shrug, walking into the kitchen with george hot on my tail. i open the fridge to see a full carton of milk staring back at me. gathering a new excuse, i notice something missing.

"you have no eggs." i state, plainly.

i hear him laugh behind me, and this is enough to convince me he desperately needs to go shopping.

"i'll get dressed- wait here. i'll be out in ten." i tell him, rushing out of his apartment.

"you're actually insane."

i stop in my tracks, turning back to him, "no, i'm persuasive."

=====

word count: 624
*in editing*
please vote!