28.Determination

Author's POV:

"He is in coma," Cassandra said and the whole world around Victor stopped. He  heard Megan's crying and screaming that she made a mistake, and Cassandra consoling the crying girl, but his mind didn't catch anything. "My little brother is in coma," that's the thought which placed itself on the center of his  brain.

He went out of the room, not really knowing where to go. He walked down the hallways and entered the bar which is in the far end of the house.

Victor opened the door and sat on one of the tables. There was a whiskey bottle placed on the table. He opened the bottle and started to drink it.

After about 3 bottles of various drinks, the door of the room opened and Cassandra peeked in. On seeing him, she breathed a sigh of relief and walked over to him.

"Victor," she called as she went near him. He didn't answer and she took the seat near him.

He was about to drink the content of the bottle when Cassandra took the bottle out of my hands and threw it away.

The alcohol was playing a toll on him. He stood up with rage clear in his eyes. He pulled Cassandra by her wrist making her body slam on the wall behind her. She winced in pain. But Victor was not taking that.

"How dare you do that, Cassandra?" He asked irritated.
"Victor, move. I can't breathe," Cassandra breathed out.

Ever since the day she remembered, Cassandra had been in love with Victor. She believed Victor is not the monster or the ruthless Mafia king as everyone says but a caring man who would do anything in his power to protect his family.

She loved him for what he was. Neither his money nor his fame in the business world made her love him. For everyone he is the Italian Mafia's King, but for her, he was the 16 years old boy who picked her in his arms and said her that her dad had died.

She was determined to study medicine and serve for the Italian Mafia as her dad had always said, "No matter what Cass, The D'Martini family is like our God. They are the reason we are living this life we have today,"

Her hopes were high when she came to Victor and asked for the job. She believed he would love her. But, on seeing Victor and Melissa, she kept her feelings to herself.

But after all she can never see him suffer.

"Drowning yourself in alcohol will do nothing good, Victor. You are the Italian Mafia's Capo. You should be killing Darius for what he had done to Desiree and Will and not be sitting alone in the bar burning yourself in sorrow. Go and revenge that man for what he had done to your family." Cassandra said.

Victor looked at her for a moment. On the day, when Cass came to him to ask for the job, he never thought that the little girl would be grown up into a beautiful woman.

She was perfect in his eyes. Not just her appearance, but also her character and the determination she had when she does a work. She was loyal, just like her dad.

Not even in his wild dreams, Victor had thought that Cassandra Scott would be the one who would make him smile for unknown reason. But, Melissa was there with him.

He was a loyal man, being in a relationship with Melissa, he thought that even thinking about Cassandra is liking cheating on Melissa.

Be it the alcohol he consumed, or the urge to love Cassandra from the first day he had seen her, Victor placed his lips on Cassandra's soft pink lips.

Her lips molded against his perfectly, like it was just made for him. The few kisses, if that were in count, he shared with Melissa were nothing like this. There was a spark in this kiss which was never in Melissa's.

Cassandra stood there frozen for a second. After a mind battle of kissing back or pushing him away, Cassandra chooses the former and kissed him back.

Sharing her first kiss with a drunken man was never in Cassandra's dictionary, but she was happy it was him.

The necessity of breathing made them pull apart from each other. They both were panting heavily.

Victor gave a peck on her lips and placed his forehead against hers. His hands which were on her waist had a firm but soft hold on her. He was holding her like she was a fragile object.

"I'll go and kill that idiot." Victor said looking in her eyes and left the room, determined to kill him. Cassandra placed her hands on her lips were Victor kissed her. An involuntary smile stretched on her lips as she walked away to check up on Desiree and William.

.........

Wordcount: 812

Hey guys.

Today is Ayudha pooja.

It's an important festival celebrated in India, which is my home country.

So, for celebrating the epic festival of India, I'm updating two chapters today.

💞💞💞

Bye-bye.

See you all in a few hours.