Chapter 3: Family?

Katherine  Wright
The ride came to an end. We were now in front of a huge black iron gate. Joey rolled down his window and typed in the passcode. The gates opened and I saw a beautiful mansion. It had grey and black accents and huge gardens around it. It was an estate. The Wright's estate. I was so out of place in here. I could never fit in here. They are gonna hate me. I'm not made for these kind of places. The parties, the cars, the standard and class. I was now staring at my shoes not caring that it was an open sky and very cold atmosphere.

"This way Miss Katherine. We should hurry. It's quite cold today and you dont have a coat on. You might fall sick." I just nodded at him.

He ringed the bell. A lady in her mid twenties opened the door. She was in a maid uniform. She looked at us and smiled.

"Welcome home Miss Katherine." She said with a glistening smile. I wanted to smile back at her but smiling was some I hadn't done in a long while.

"Th-Thank you." You had to shutter Kat. If this your reaction to this sweet lady what are you gonna do in front of your 6 huge brothers.

Joey handed over the luggage to the maid. I thanked Joey and he acknowledged it with a curt nod. I started heading inside but halted as soon as I heard voices.

"Why does she have to be here? She's supposed to be fucking dead. And now out of nowhere she just fucking pops up to ruin our lives. I cant believe you Alex. Seriously I mean-" I heard a strong voice. I immediately knew he was one of my brothers. He had a crisp British accent. And he was strongly unhappy about my arrival.

"Enough " boomed another voice. Probably Alexander. It was strong and authoritative. He cut him mid sentence.

"Cant you get one simple thing in your brains? She is our sister whether we like it or not. Besides I didn't had any other option. I couldn't let the word out that the Wright family discarded their own flesh and blood like some scum. You dont judge my decision. And you definitely do not try to defy me do you get that!" Alexander was screaming by now. Remind me not to anger him. Ever.

Now I know why I was taken in. Bravo Kat you screwed up before spending even 5 minutes in this house. All in for another Rejection by your own family. Just when the strings start to loosen up a bit you show up your face and they tighten around you trying to suffocate you.

"Miss Katherine please follow me. I'll show you to your room." She understood my feeling  about listening this and tried to distract me. It was very obvious. I just followed her not giving any other reaction. We climbed the staircase and reached a series of doors. She lead me to the last door. I saw 'Katherine' engraved on the door handle. It was written in beautiful handwriting. The lady opened the door for me leading me inside.

Beautiful. Was the only word I could think of.  The room had white and pink accent. It was huge. I think my maid room would fit in 5 fold in this room. It had a beautiful bay window seat with lots of cushions. It had a beautiful study area with a huge book shelf yet to be filled with books. I saw 2 doors other than the main entrance. Must be the bathroom and closet. This was unbelievable. Did they really spend so much money on me? Why? I could just lie in one corner of the house without bothering anyone.

"Miss Katherine I hope you liked it. Your brother had it made just before you arrived. That's the ensuite bathroom and that's the wardrobe. Do you need help unpacking?"

"No that's fine...um" I gave her a questioning look.

"Elsa miss." She said smiling again.

"That's a pretty name." I said in a very low voice.

"Thank you miss. I'll be around if you need me. The dinner will be at 7. I can come to take you to the dinning room."

"That would be nice. Also can you just call me Kat. Miss Katherine is a bit to formal dont you think."

"I'm sorry miss. But we are given a protocol of how to address everyone and we are not allowed to break it."

"Oh okay."

"Have a good time miss Katherine."

"Um..you too Elsa."

With that she left my room leaving me all by myself. I decided to take a shower as I was too tired and needed to freshen up.

I went in the bathroom and stripped down my clothes only to meet my hideous self in the mirror. The ugly bruise on my shoulder had gotten worse. The pain killers I took were wearing off slowly. I saw myself in the mirror and got lost into my thoughts.

Flashback

I was walking through the school corridor only to be pushed into the near by lockers.

"Hey slut. Wassup huh. Still wandering around with your hideous body." That was Cassandra my bully and my personal tormentor from hell. She and her minions had made my life worse than it already was.

"Common speak up bitch. Weren't you just giving a speech in the class about plastics. How come you had a voice back then and not now huh. You little whore. How come you always get an A grade? Common do you whore around with the teachers too? Tell me." With that she started hitting me again.

Once she was done she leaned down towards me and told "Remember always. You are ugly sick and pathetic. You are so ugly that even your own mom doesn't love you. Now get the fuck out of my face.

Flashback ends

I stepped into the shower and cleaned up my body. I then grabbed a bathrobe and went towards the sink to brush my teeth. I saw the robe it had K.W stiched on it on the upper right side. They are ridiculously rich people. Back in Australia I didn't even had a robe just a towel to pat myself dry. Is this my life now?

The bathroom was filled with all kinds of fancy products and toiletries. From toothbrush to sanitary products to shampoos and shower gels. You name it and you get it. They went quite overboard. I regained myself and went to the wardrobe.

The sight in front of me shocked me. It was not just a closet it was a fully equipped closet. With so many clothes and bags and shoes. Oh my God. This is nuts. It was still 4 pm so I had lots of time. I went over and checked every drawer. Its gonna take me a while to digest all of this.

Even though my room surprised me it didn't made me happy. Any other teenage girl would have went into an adrenaline shock with all these things. But me I was in a daze. I was wondering why anyone would spend so much on me when I'm pretty sure they would be disgusted in me and will throw me out in the next 24 hours. All the more reason to not tell them about my...issues. I quickly went through the heaps and piles of clothes and decided on a  grey colored dress. I wanted to be comfortable but also create a good first impression.

I combed my wet hair and decided to let them air dry

I combed my wet hair and decided to let them air dry. I went outside the closet and arranged the little stuff I had with me. I grabbed my diary and sat down to write. I was just beginning to write when a knock on my door disturbed me. I said a small come in.

In walked a man in his mid twenties, tall and handsome with the same orbs as mine in a well tailored crisp black suit. He came towards me and set next to me in the window seat.

"Hello Katherine. I'm Alexander Wright. Your eldest brother and legal guardian. Welcome to the family."

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
Hello readers. Finally we meet a brother. Let's see how it turns out for Katherine. Do comment below your thoughts. The outfit is from pinterest. Also do you want me to put outfits? I can avoid if you all want. Just let me know.
Lots of Love
Writer