Babysitting Errors

Requested by alexeliatrope

Marinette POV
After everyone left me I've had way more free time, I never realized how much time a spent on making things for, doing favors, and doing their babysitting jobs for free of them. Well, that's Lila's problem now. I am walking down the Seine and talking to Kagami, we were friends before Adrien decided and friends after. I stopped liking him once I realized he didn't have a backbone and Kagami dumped him after she found out that he's Lilas arm candy. We were going to meet Luka and Alix for a double date when Ella and Etta, Alyas little sisters come running into me. Already being a klutz I fell over, while sitting up and holding my head I realize that they have tears in their eyes. Soon Chris also comes running. What were they doing out it's 10:00 at night, "Ella, Etta, Chris, what are you guys doing out so late?" I ask and get no response. "Umm, Gami tell Luka I won't make it for our double date. I'm going to take these three to my house to warm up and calm down. You should go with your girlfriend your mom rarely lets you go out," she nods and they part ways.

By the time we get to the bakery, the light snowfall has turned violent. I rush them in and covers them in blankets before starting to make cocoa for them to drink. "Marinette, did your date get canceled?" Mama asks once she sees me in the kitchen. Not yet noticing the two girls and boy huddled in the blankets on the couch.

"Kagami and I ran into Alyas younger sisters while on our way to the restaurant. I decided to take them here and warm-up, we almost got caught in the storm," I explained and poured the hot chocolate into three mugs. Giving one to each of them. "Careful, it's hot."

"Thank you," Ella says.

"Alya and Nino left us with their friend," Etta adds.

Then Chris pipes up, "The one with green eyes and brown hair. They've been doing it for months now."

"We were walking when she told us she spotted her friend modeling a bit back and said would be back," Etta continues.

Ella tells me up after taking a sip of her drink, "That was when the sun was setting... after a while, we ran to where Alya and Nino Sid they'd be and we ran into you."

"Well, your safe now. Why haven't you told your parents?" I ask sitting down.

"They told us to be quiet," the girls say in unison.

"Their friend said we'd get in trouble if we did," Chris adds.

Thinking I sigh, "Well it's too late and the storm is too violent to take you home. Have you guys had any dinner?" they all shake their heads no so I tell them. "I'll make you guys some broth to have and then off to bed. It's too late for you guys and you need your sleep."

Chris huffs, "I'm a big boy. I can stay up late," before yawning.

"Even so, your mind is still developing and if you don't sleep right then you won't grow well and will end up short. Do you want to be the shortest in the class?" I ask and he quickly shakes his head no.

"Can we have candy?" Ella asks as Etta and Chris start to down her drink.

"It's too late for candy. You need to eat well and brush your teeth otherwise you won't have enough energy to play in the park and you'll get cavities," I answer as Mama starts making broth for them.

"But can we have candy and stay up late some of the time?" Etta questions.

"On occasions it's fine. Just small treats now and then as well as stay up a little late but doing it too often will hurt you and you'll see that you aren't as happy or energetic," I explain.