chapter seven: blooming

The music echoes around the stadium as staffs try out the speakers and microphones while NCT 127 is in the makeup room getting ready.

A monstrous line of fans are already lined up outside, waiting for the gates to open.

"This? No. Then, how about this?" Eunwol asks as she shows the different palettes.

Hyuck continues chewing his light snack and nods at the one she's holding.

She gets the product on the brush, flicks away the excess before putting it on his eyelid. "Ohh, nice choice."

"I always make the right choices," he claims and she titters.

After a while of makeup, he finally goes to the fitting room that was packed by the rest before and comes out looking as dashing as usual.

Wol tidies up the desk a bit, knowing that later on she'll have to fix his makeup again.

She swivels and walks towards the refreshments table but stops halfway when she notices him standing a few steps further.

He approaches her and shows her the full fit. "How do I look?"

"You look great," she answers and he knits hus brows, unsatisfied.

"Is that it?" He asks and she recognises that unfaltering, intense stare from anywhere.

She chuckles briefly. "Fine, fine. Wow, you look handsome! Charming! Ravishing! Is that what you want to hear?"

"Of course," he says, raising up a brow arrogantly as a smirk plays on his lips- flirtatious gaze running up and down her figure mischievously.

His signature confident, playful expression that just magically makes her stomach feel the butterflies.

The stage director then, strides into the room. "You guys will be going up soon! Be ready!"

Then, he rushes back out.

Hyuck shakes his head slightly to get his bangs out of his hair. "Guess it's time for me to go."

"Oh, wait a minute," she hastily stops him and he turns back, puzzled.

The makeup artist fixes his slightly folded collar and straightens it for a more flawless and sharper look.

His eyes gaze at her fondly as she works and doesn't stray even when she looks back up at him- intentionally letting their eyes meet.

The subtle fluster from her is clear to him and he gives a half-moon smile- both sly yet, simultaneously warm before walking out.

She leisurely returns to employee rest area while hoping none of them noticed anything.

Yeah, none of the staffs did.

But, one of the idols did.

Doyoung watches their youngest expert who's getting refreshments and furrows as he begins to recall back the small clip in his memory of Donghyuck staring at her before.

Why was he gazing at her like that?

"Doyoung! Where's Doyoung?"

The idol rushes to gather with the rest after the stage director calls and coincidentally finds himself standing beside Haechan.

"What took you so long, hyung?" Donghyuck queries.

Doyoung shakes his head. "Nothing."

The younger male looks away, not really giving any attention to his answer despite asking and proceeds with wearing his in-ear microphone.

"Haechan-ah," Young nudges and the said lad turns.

"Huh?" The latter raises his brows.

But, before Doyoung can ask, the director starts counting for their appearance and they all calm their nerves.