Prologue

GORE WARNING//DISTURBING SCENES

The boy smiled, cheerful as it was his birthday day. He was celebrating at one of the old locations with some of his friends! His big brothers friends had also come along, to his surprise. They were hanging out around the stage, where two, tall animatronics stood.

"Happy birthday, Tubbo!" His best friend cheered, playfully punching him in the shoulder.

Tubbo laughed, rubbing his shoulder. He grinned at his friend, eyes sparkling.

"Thanks!" Tubbo giggled.

  "What're your brothers friends doing?" His friend asked, nodding toward his big brother and his friends. Another kid was over there, smiling and laughing.

"I dunno," Tubbo shrugged. "My brother and his friends are weeeird. They always joke about the animatronics and how they're possessed or something."

"What?" His friend chuckled, sounding nervous. Tubbo rolled his eyes.

"It's not real, big man," Tubbo reassured him, and saw his friend relax a bit.
"Phew! Okay," he sighed in relief.

Tubbo looked at his brother again, and saw he was holding the little kid up, them both laughing. He felt a rush of jealousy, crossing his arms.

"Someones salty, hm?" His friend giggled.
"Shut up, Tommy," Tubbo huffed, tossing his head. "I'm not salty I'm just.. disappointed.
"Keep telling yourself that," Tommy snorted.

"Come on! Look at the animatronic!" Tubbo's big brother teased. His friend, his masked friend, looked a bit hesitant.

"We're not putting my sister right next to an active animatronic mouth," he said firmly.

"It'll be funny, c'mon, Dream," another one of his friends argued.
"It's not a good idea, Wilbur!" Dream snapped, aggressive.

"I wanna see the animatronics!" The little girl cheered, smiling. Tubbo's big brother laughed, lifting her up. She giggled as well.

"Hey! Stop that!" Dream yelped frantically.
"You're such a party killer," Wilbur scoffed, giving Dream a small shove.

Tubbo's brother stepped up onto the stage, still holding the girl. She was giggling non-stop, held right up beside the animatronics mouth. From any other view, it looked as if she were in the things mouth.

"Cool!" The girl gasped, eyes shining. "It's so sparkly!"
"It's wet?" Dream spoke up, sounding horrified.

"Looks like it is," the girl shrugged.

"What's happening here?" Tubbo asked, walking up to them. Everybody else had left the room, going outside to do more party like things.

Suddenly, everybody heard a loud snap.

And then a scream.

Tubbo's brother dropped the girl, leaving her dangling out of the animatronics mouth. Blood spattered all over the things face, the crimson liquid dripping out of its mouth.

"DRISTA!"

  Tubbo was right next to the stage. He looked down at the blood that had spattered everywhere. He widened his eyes, lost for words.

Everything was a blur at this point. He stared in absolute horror at the dangling, fragile body in the animatronics mouth.

Tubbo didn't even realizing he was screaming until his brother grabbed his shoulders, eyes shining in fear.
"Don't tell anybody what we did, okay Tubbo? You saw nothing. If they ask, it was an accident. Don't tell anyone."

Tubbo felt the words repeat in his head and he nodded, trembling.
He watched Dream try and pull the animatronics jaws apart. Lucky for him, he was strong enough to free Drista from the trap.

He watched Drista fall to the ground, covered in blood. Dream crouched down beside her, sobbing.

"What happened?" One of the adults gasped, running into the room. "Drista! Oh my god! Call 911!"

"We need an ambulance, right now!" Dream shouted.

Tubbo tried to listen to the words, his eyes locked onto Drista's bleeding and destroyed head. He could see the muscle in her head, which made him sick.

"What happened?!" Another adult demanded, crouching down beside Drista as well.

"I don't know!" Tubbo's brother cried. "She must've climbed up or something!"

"I can't trust you to tell the truth," the adult snarled. They turned to him. "Tubbo, what happened?"

"I-" Tubbo tried to stammer out. He felt tears rolling down his cheeks, and he sniffled softly.

Everybody was staring at him.

"Um.."

Everybody was expecting an answer.

They wanted to know what happened.

"It was an accident. She climbed up, and it bit down."

Tubbo felt dizzy.
He couldn't stand anymore.
Couldn't handle the sight of Drista's body, laying on the ground, so injured and helpless. The happy, small, chaotic girl, usually laughing and running around, making friends with everybody she met, now laying on the ground, completely dead and helpless.

  But she wasn't dead. No no, she wasn't.

  Her chest- it was still moving.

I'm so sorry Drista.

The world rushed upon him, then everything went completely black.