3 7 | J U L I E T

I sighed. "Please don't tell me your boyfriend is Abeo Oluwa."

"Everyone knows they are dating!" Pari shouted, her eyes watering from anger. "And you did too! But you still went after her boyfriend."

"I did no such thing." I said calmly. "I didn't know he was your boyfriend. He came to me last night. I didn't throw myself at him."

"What do you have against Boonsri, huh?" Pari asked, totally ignoring what I just said. "You keep coming at her. First the test and now this! Even after we tried to put it behind us and gave you a chance at friendship, you went and did this."

"Funny how you decide to come and yell at me when I wasn't the one who cheated," I said. "Where's Abeo? Why aren't you yelling at him?"

"He's here!" Someone said excitedly from a corner and pointed at Abeo who was just about to exit the doors.

We turned and saw him mutter something under his breath before throwing a glare at the person who called attention to him.

"Abeo!" Boonsri called sternly. "Come over here right now."

Abeo walked gingerly towards us, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "Hey, Boonsi. What's up?"

"Again? You slept with another girl again? What's your excuse this time?"

He winced, not looking at either of the girls on her sides but I could feel their burning gaze on him and it wasn't even directed at me, at least not yet.

"Listen, Boonsi. I think we need to talk," he said quietly. "Can we talk?" He extended a hand to her.

"No, whatever it is say it right here. She isn't going anywhere with you," Pari said sternly.

"I appreciate your need to be protective of her, Pari but the thing is she can decide that for herself," Abeo snapped.

"No, she's right. Say what you want. Right here, right now." Boonsri said, her eyes glassy and I rolled my eyes. I wasn't in the mood for a live soap opera.

"I don't think you'd want to hear it with all of these people present."

"I don't care. Just explain yourself. Why did you do this to me again?" Boonsri said stubbornly.

Abeo exhaled sharply. "Fine, if that's what you want. For the hundredth time, I want to break up with you. And this time it's final. You can't get me back no matter what you decide to do. When we started dating, I liked you but now I don't and I really didn't want to cheat on you all those times but you just kept trying to get me back, it's like you never left me alone. I really don't like you anymore, Boonsi. I'm sorry but this has to stop. We're not good for each other. Find someone who can be faithful to you." Then he looked at me. "And Julia really didn't know I was your boyfriend. She didn't even know me until last night. Stop blaming her. She's done nothing wrong. If you want to yell or curse at someone about this, you just have to find me."

"Wow, great performance both of you," I said and clapped. "But did you really think I couldn't see through your little plan here, Boonsri? It was you who asked him to go after me last night, didn't you?"

Abeo's eyes widened. "Julia, I told you it wasn't her. It was no one. I was just messing with you. No one put me up to this."

"How stupid do you think I am?" I asked with narrowed eyes and scoffed. "Wow, you little manipulative asshole."

"What are you on about?" Boonsri asked. She didn't look like she was paying much attention to what I was saying as she continued looking at Abeo.

Nia grabbed her arm. "Are you okay?"