chapter forty-two

"Kylie! Get off me

"Kylie! Get off me." I pushed her as she kept trying to put these ugly flashy heels on me.

"Just let me put them on!" She yells slapping my arm.

"They look ugly!" I yelped when she pinched my thigh.

"But they go with the dress." She whines.

"Then that means this dress is ugly too." I rolled over and pushed her off me.

All-day Kylie and I have been trying on dresses... well Kylie picks them out and I try them on.

Jax had asked me to go on a date a couple of days ago and I agreed.

We haven't had a real official first date so here we are.

"THIS IS IT!" Kylie screams practically ruining my eardrums. She pulled out a light pink flowy dress. It was made out of silk material. "Go try it on." She rudely pushes me into the bathroom.

I pulled off the other dress and put on the pink one, it fitted nicely. I haven't worn this dress since the last time I went to visit my grandparents which was a while ago.

Both Levi and Issac didn't get along with their parents so we rarely went to visit them. I understand it though.

Issac's parents were colder and boring. They haven't accepted Levi into their family. They also don't accept Claire, Taylor, the triplets, and I because we weren't made the correct way.

Which I find is very rude but whatever.

With Levi's parents, they're a little more kind than Issac's. They like us around but to a certain extent. If Isaac and Levi lay a finger on each other one of them will make a scene. Everything little thing they do, Levi's parents pick at. As for us, they don't really care much. They just hand us money and call it a day.

Having grandparents like this came with a lot of disappointments but what can you do? I'd love to throw them in the trash can but my dads taught me better than that.

I sat down on my bed and let Kylie put on a little bit of makeup on my face. I hated foundation so she only applied a thin layer of concealer, powder, bronzer, lipgloss, and mascara.

"You're so beautiful." She says.

"So I wasn't beautiful before?" I asked jokingly pretending to be offended.

"Oh shut up, you knew what I meant." She pokes my forehead.

I laughed putting on a pair of white flats because I hate heels. Last time I put on a pair of heels I almost snapped my ankle in half.

The doorbell rang and we both went downstairs to open the door. Instead, I see Issac running towards the door.

"Dad what are you doing?" I asked groaning.

"Shush." He says and opens the door.

"Good evening Mr. Knightly," Jax says.

"Good evening, where are you taking my daughter?" Great dad, straight to the point.

"The pier and then to Dinnie's," Jax answers scratching the back of his neck.

"Mhm, and what are the plans for the entire night?" My dad asks.

Where is Levi when you need him?

"I'm going to take her for a walk on the pier, when she's ready to eat I'll take her to Dinnie's, and afterward we could go for a walk on the beach and then I'll take her home," Jax says, his eyes glancing back and forth between my dad and me.

Issac shakes his head, caressing his imaginary beard. "Sounds good. When will my daughter be home?"

"9 p.m on the dot," Jax replies quickly.

"Good. I will be waiting." He turns over to me and gives me a tight hug. "Have fun and stay safe."

"I will dad, thanks. I love you." I pecked his cheek.

"Have fun." He waves. "Wait but not too much fun!" He yells jumping up and down as I got in the car.

Jax closes my door and got in the driver's side. "That was very scary."

"I thought it was funny." I laughed putting on my seatbelt.

"Of course you did."

~

"Stop throwing sand at me!" I whined and slap Jax's hand as he continues to laugh at me.

He used his other hand and sprinkled more sand onto my chest. I glared at him and hit him again.

"I hate you," I mumbled.

"Sureee." He laughs dragging out the 'e'

I wiped the sand off of my dress with a smile.

Seriously this whole night has been amazing. We walked on the pier and played many games, he even won me a stuffed bunny but Journey is probably going to steal it anyway.

We went to Dinnie's and shared a plate of chicken alfredo because we ate chicken nuggets before our reservation.

Now we were sitting on the sand listening to the waves clash and talking about anything and everything.

"Hey." He says moving his body to face mine.

"Hi." I giggled.

"I'm sorry for all the pain I caused you before, you know about the whole Blair thing." He says scratching the back of his neck. "I never meant to hurt you or wanted to say those things to you. You're the perfect mom for Journey and I wouldn't want anyone else to be her mother figure."

"It's okay. It's in the past but if those words ever come out of your mouth again I will shove a cactus down your throat." I threatened.

"Got it." He chuckles wrapping his arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to his body.

"I love you." He says kissing my temple.

"I love you." I smiled and pecked his lips.

The rest of the time we stared into the horizon watching the sky change colors, the clouds move, and cuddle into each other as it got colder.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

published: december 16th, 2020

Thank you for over 880k reads and 3k followers!!! It's so exciting to see how far this book has gone and I'm not even finished with it yet.

So I know this book hasn't had much SMUT but I'd like to include it in the sequel which I'm so excited to write. We only have a couple more chapters to go.

Anyways, I hope you are having an amazing week so far, please remember to stay safe because we're still in the middle of a pandemic and also to love yourself because you deserve it.

Love you! MUAH!