Chapter 10

[ A night before ]

Yuna's POV

"In regards with the proposal you sent to me earlier, I am reviewing it now, some of the suggested papers were lacking of information. I wanted this to be presented here in my office" I rested my back at my swivel chair while talking to my phone. I can't feel my butt anymore and my body is aching.

"Yeah, I want to meet the whole team. I'll leave the arrangement to my secretary" I added and end the call. I turn my chair to the back so I am facing my office glass window, the window is so tall and big, it is as if part of the wall. I look at the moon and it was reflecting on the dark room I am now. A room full of break downs, tears and sadness, it is a room in which if you enter, your childhood is done.

I close my eyes and relax myself, today is a very tiring day. 'Of course not just today, everyday'

*Knock Knock*

"Come in" I commanded while still facing the world outside, how I wish I could be a bird, a bird that is free and happy, and not some creature locked in a cage. 

"Ms. you need to get ready, the chairman is almost home" announce by my secretary. I put my lips together and let out a short pop. 'The chairman' I murmured.

"Lin, I want you to arrange a schedule of meeting for me" I stood up, pick up my phone and walk towards my secretary "and after that, I want you to take a rest" I added while patting her shoulders, she smiled and open the door.

I walk just a few steps and stop at the door near my office, I enter the room and locked it. I clap my hand once and the lights turned on and then I saw the most beautiful thing in the world, my bed! Yes, you got it right! My office and my bedroom is just a step away from each other. My room is in full pink, this is  my most favorite part of this mansion. I putted some music, change in to robes and proceed to my bathroom. I fill up the tub with warm water and soak my whole body.

Aggh ~ This is what I need, a normal time. No paper, no meetings, no pressure. Just a normal girl soaking her body in her bath tub.

'How are you today yuna? Are you still gasping for freedom? Are you still bound with fear and sadness?'

I cover myself with the bubbles that are playing on my tub, and suddenly hot tears are started to run down on my cheeks. 

'How are you today yuna? Are you still gasping for freedom? Are you still bound with fear and sadness?'

"Yes, yes, yes and I'm so tired. I'm so tired! AHHHHHHH!" I wanted to escape this place! I wanted to escape this family! Please save me, anyone, please.

- -

After draining all my tears, I change in to a yellow formal dress. I walk in the hallway and was greeted by the servants, they open the door for me at the dining room. I saw my mother already sitted a the long table. I walk towards her and bow my head then take the seat in front of her..

"The chairman has arrived" announce by our butler and open the door revealing a man in his 40's wearing a formal tux. It's the chairman. My father. He walk towards us and we bow our heads to show respect, he motion us to sit down, so we settled down. As we are comfortable with our seats, we are immediately served with food. Then we started to eat..

"Yuna, how was everything under your department?" my dad suddenly ask, not looking at me. At the age of 8, my dad started to train me with business, and now I'm handling a department from our company. I put down my utensils and wipe my lips with the table napkin.

"Everything is great sir" I replied with a small smile. In this family you should acknowledge titles.

"Good. How about the date of your engagement, have you thought about it? I only let you decide the date because you pleaded but it is becoming too long" He said while reaching his glass of wine. Yes, you heard it right, I am to be engage. But do you know how old I am? 16. A 16 years old teenager that should be spending youth years with peers and fun, not complicated papers, businesses and marriage. All of my life I have been home schooling, and now I am about to be free from this house but in the means of getting maried!

"But - "

"The company can't wait anymore, yuna. The company won't wait for unsettled decisions, if you can't handle small situations like these might as well just bury yourself to the ground for you will just bring shame to our name. Yuna, I want you to remember this, in business you need to cut the roots of weaklings before they sprout, even if its  your family. " he added. My dad wanted me to be married with the son of his business partner so he can suck its company.

*TING*

My phone that is sitted on my lap vibrated so I checked it under the table. As I was reading the message my heart started to beat fast..

"No phones at the dinner table. Where are your manners yuna?" I almost drop my phone  because of my mother.

"I'm sorry ma'am" I said and turn off my phone. My hands are all shaky and my heart is still beating so fast, I bit my lower lip and close my eyes, thinking of the decision I am going to make. 'The text message, it's the only way I could escape'

"Sir" I said and turn my attention to my father. He look at me and rest his back on the chair. "about the engagement. I thought about it and, I want to do it tomorrow, here in the mansion" I added. My voice had become shaky and my palms are sweating. My dad nodded and flash a smile. A wicked smile.

"My lovely daughter, I'm proud of you. I'll fix everything for tomorrow" he said and stand up. I also stood up and bow my head when mom and him leave the room. I slump back to my chair and close my eyes.. 'Please, let this plan work'

[Present Day]

Third Person POV

On the top of everything, yuna is standing in in her bedroom's balcony. She kept her eyes wandered in the long road that connect to the mansion on the top of a mountain in where she lives.

"Ms. It's already time" announce by a lady wearing an all black formal uniform. She keep her head bow in front of a girl she's serving.

"I know" She display a fake smile and closes her eyes for a short moment. 'Please...' she murmured to herself. She take a glance at the long road for the last time before she turn her back from it. She walk towards her servant.

" Let's go" she demanded and then walk away. As they were in front of a big white door now, the girl took a deep breath.

'Please.. Save me' she muttered to herself before opening the doors. "Ryujin unnie..." she whisperedly added and then entered the room.