Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Francy's p.o.v

I was on the living room couch sobbing in my blanket. Not only did I was not allowed to sleep in the guest room, but I also had to leave my room unfinished like that until New Year and Ace only got punished for three days without the car.

It was unfair I tell you. Unfair. Angry I pulled the blanket over my head and vowed to be angry for the rest of the year.

I woke up with my alarm next to my ear. It was still very early, but I needed the extra time to get ready considering how I went to bed. The living room was freezing. I wrapped the blanket around me and headed to my room to grab some slippers when I saw Ace there.

He held his coffee to his chest warming up and his nose was covered with his turtleneck sweater. The whole room was repainted white and he was watching it dry with the windows open.

"What's this?" I asked looking at him shaking.

"A truce?" He said getting his face out of the sweater. His nose was red.

"You stayed up all night painting this?" I asked, glancing around my room. It was flawlessly white.

"But it's freezing here with all these windows open," I told him.

"I'm sorry I didn't pick up yesterday. I know I promised to always help you guys out when you need me." He said and then took my blanket covering us both. We stood there shaking in the blanket.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you and pulled your hair," I said leaning my head on his shoulder.

I was touched by his actions so much I even contemplated telling him I went to the devil's den, but I changed my mind not wanting to ruin the peace.

"I put some of your stuff in the guest room so go get ready before anyone sees." He said giving me back the blanket and pulling me out of the room. "Go get ready. We need to take the tramway to be on time today."

Yikes. I got ready in a hurry.

Kai and Rehan refused to talk to us since they suffered the consequences of going to school without a car on a cold morning.

At lunchtime, I told Remi about my little accident with Momo, the fight, the unfair punishment, and Ace's apology. However, she was the most curious about the mysterious stranger.

"So you never got his name?" She asked.

"Nope."

"Was he attractive?"

I nodded my head profoundly. "Sickening."

"Details?" Remi scooped over.

"He..." I rewind my image of him. "He has these eyes and this gaze and..his smile..his body"

"A human I see. Basically, you like him.." Remi smirked.

"No, no, no." I shook my head. " He is really attractive but.." I could still feel the shivers from the last smirk he gave me. "He seems like someone I should be cautious of."

"He saved your cat."

"Yes, and I am grateful but..." I couldn't pinpoint if I was scared of him or it was something else completely. "I'm never going to see him again and that is settled. Don't let it slip to Ace that I was ever in the devil's den."

"But why? We can ask him who the hot guy was. I don't think your brothers are going to be extra protective over you. They never made a problem with your boyfriends before."

"That's because I didn't have any," I mumbled.

"Hey, fake boyfriends count." She said with a threatening look.

Rehan pulled out a chair and sat next to us yelling at his phone.

"I want a rainbow laser. Yes, that one from Redwood. Yes, I know the price of international shipping. Just send me the damn laser."

Remi and I started confused.

"Rainbow laser?" We both asked.

"Yes. It's this new invention that just got legal on the market. Redwood came through in court and now he can sell it."

"And Redwood is?" Remi asked.

"He's the guy who came up with the most amazing inventions ever. I'd kill to meet him in person one day." Rehan explained. "He is famous."

"Aha." I nodded.

"Yeah sure" Remi shook her head.

"You don't get it, do you?" Rehan asked.

"No." I shook my head.

"Nope," Remi confirmed.

"Francy. Oh, Rehan. Thank god!" A girl dropped her bag on our table visibly alarmed.

'Hey, I know you. You're Ace's new girlfriend." Remi pointed a finger at her and the girl flinched at the word new.

I pulled Remi's hand down gently.

The girl turned her attention back to us. "It's about Ace. I think he's in trouble."