-ˋ 79

CHAPTER SEVENTY NINE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH SOMETHING CHANGES

. . .

"So the full moon, huh?" Tiger smirked as she sat down in her potions stool, her bag slipping off of her shoulder and falling onto the stone floor with a thump, something breaking inside but Tiger ignoring it.

"You're joking right?" Remus said, pushing Sirius off of him and looking up, expression serious and set. "After last time, after that?" He said, pointing at her wrist, where a scar peeked out of her sleeve.

"Hey - that was my own fault. Besides, I've not been out on the full moon since then. I'm not traumatised and I haven't changed into my animagus form since." Tiger pouted.

"Rem, come on. You can't really stop her." Sirius said, and winked at Tiger without his boyfriend noticing. "Nobody can really stop Tiger - not even James and that's saying something."

"Yeah.. well if you get hurt, there will be no sympathy from me." Remus said, before groaning, his moment of sanity gone and the headache returning. Clutching his head, Remus lent his head on the table, but just before, James pulled his book and half-written parchment from under him, passing the book to Tiger.

Luckily, it was more of a theory class than a practical class, and taking it in turns, James and Tiger wrote down notes on his parchments, as well as their own. Sirius wrote his own notes, but one hand stayed on the nape of Remus's neck, gently tracing patterns into the skin there.

After potions came lunch, and so, until the full moon later that night, the others convinced Remus to stay up in there, telling all the teachers that he was feeling too sick to come to the afternoon classes.

James, Sirius and Tiger had managed to take their own notes, all whilst also taking turns to write up notes for Remus, Peter making sure that teachers didn't suspect anything.

The day passed quickly, and soon enough, James and Tiger were leading the way, and behind them, Peter and Sirius carried Remus, covered by James's invisibility cloak.

Thankfully, they didn't see any teachers as they were making their way to the Whomping Willow, Peter transforming into his rat form so that they could get the tree to stop. They only just managed to get Remus to Shreiking Shack before he turned, and the group stood outside, waiting for the tell-tale howl that he had turned.

It came, Tiger feeling a shiver of goosebumps down her arm. "You ready?" James asked, Tiger nodding, listening as Remus broke out of the Shrieking Shack, the werewolf disappearing into the night.

"It's been a while since I've done this." Tiger said, the others turning into their animagus forms in front of her. "Hey! That's pretty cool." She said, James in his stag form approaching her, the girl laughing as she rose her hand to pet his snout.

Frowning, she moved away from the group, behind one of the walls of the Shrieking Shack. There, she turned into her animagus form, but for some reason, she felt a lot bigger than usual.

She stepped out from behind the building, and found the three others staring at her, confused, she pawed at Sirius, who jokingly snapped at her.

It was so strange, she felt so much bigger, and she got her answer when she looked down at her reflection in a puddle, feeling extremely thirsty. It wasn't a fox that looked back at her.

She froze, looking up at the three other animagi, who hadn't moved. "Holy shit." She tried to say, but instead, a quiet, rumbling noise errupted. Practically jumping away from her reflection, Tiger looked over to James, the stag dipping it's head.

With not much else to say, the night began, the four animagi chasing after the werewolf. It would be a long night, but luckily, nobody would get hurt this time.

But when it came to turning into their human forms, no one would be as surprised as Tiger, who turned back, and sat, slightly dazed, and sitting there for a few minutes on the steps up to the porch of the Shrieking Shack.

"Can this happen? Like.. is it allowed to change? Is that in the rulebook? I didn't think that your animagus form could change." She said, slightly shocked.

"I mean... at least you don't have to deal with people asking if it does match up. No more questions like mine, huh?" James asked, sitting beside her, placing his glasses on his nose and pulling his hand through his hair.

"You're right.. I'm quite literally a tiger now." The Howell girl laughed. "Hey Sirius, would it be suspicious of us to ask McGonagall in transfiguration on Wednesday?"

"She did give us the location of the book that told us how to change. And told everyone that us three were taking a pledge of silence to spread awareness of the mistreatment of clawless chizpurfles." Sirius said, and Tiger made a face, before nodding.

"Far enough. So she basically will let you do anything? I mean, you're unregistered animagi." Tiger said, and both Peter and James nodded, her boyfriend pulling her up out of her seat on the steps.

"You are also an unregistered animagus." Sirius pointed out, and Tiger shrugged, beginning to make their way into the Shrieking Shack, finding Remus curled up in a ball, exhausted.

Tiger waited as they sorted him out, before James and Sirius held him over their shoulders, carrying him into the passage way and making their way back to Hogwarts.

And this time was successful, nobody was hurt - just slightly confused on the subject of Tiger's animagus form. Because it wasn't every day that the animal forrm of yourself turned from a fox into a tiger.

Completely unheard of, in fact.