Chapter 11

I sat there, frozen. No not even frozen, stone, no worse than stone-I sat there dead. Just sitting looking at the doctor, hands flat on my jeans. I bet my mouth was hanging open and a what-the-fuck-are-you-talking-about look on my face. "Ms. Daley, is everything okay?" I snapped out of my gaze I nodded slowly, "I have to tell him." I barley whisper she looked confused.

"Tell who Ms. Daley? Your father, your mother's fiancé?" My hands shook a little, "M-my boyfriend, t-t-the father o-of my-our child." Tears streamed down my face, a box of tissues was sat down in front of me. "Natasha would you like me to call him?" I shook my head as I dabbed at the tears. "He doesn't have a phone. There is no way to reach him, except for me to go to him." She nodded as she bent down in front of me. "Natasha dear I need you to tell me something, and be very honest with me. Do you want this child? You have the right for an abortion or an adoption."

I looked up with a frown, hair clinging to my face. I bet my cheeks were red. I can't believe that this is really happening right now. I'm pregnant with Ahkmenrah's child. Does he even want a child? How is he going to take this? I bet no one has ever heard of a half human half non-dead half alive child before. I can't face him like this, the baby wouldn't even know the father. Wouldn't that be a secret to keep: Oh honey, your father loves you but he can't see you because he is dead during the day and only comes alive at night. Don't tell your friends though because then the government will take us to the Nut House. Perfect!

"Natasha? I need an answer." I shook my head, "No, I want the baby. No way am I filing for an abortion or giving my kid to some stranger." She nodded with a soft 'okay' opening the door mom rushed in without Don. "Don had to leave honey for work, your father is picking us up before he has to go to work tonight. Can you tell me what happened?"

I licked my lips, "I'm pregnant, you were right." A smiled formed from ear to ear looking like the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. "Oh honey, that is such great news! I'm going to be a grandma, and your father will be a grandpa. It fits him because he has his hair graying a little, but not me, no never, will I let my hair gray." I smiled getting up to hug my mom.

"Come on, let's go out for a bite to eat and we can head back to my house for a girls night in. I can help you find the best baby doctor in New York to help us." We thanked the doctor and paid for the tests and visit.

Dad had pulled up as we were walking out of the building, I hopped into the back of the car. "Hey Nat! Are you okay? Your mom called and said that you were at the doctors office. Would you like to tell me why?" I smiled rubbing my still flat belly. "Your going to be a grandfather."

His eyes widened, I frowned thinking that he would be upset with me. "Would you stop growing up on me? Just yesterday it seems like I was teaching you how to ride a bike a-and now your going to be a mother." He breathed out and I smiled happily with him. If he could give me a hug I know I would be squeezed in his embrace. "Can we go to Apple Bee's tonight please? I'm getting really hungry."

--At Apple Bee's--

We were sat down and mom excused herself to the bathroom, dad leaned across the table with a serious face. "Is Ahkmenrah that father?" I nodded, "He is, I don't know how this happened. I mean I know how this happened but I can't believe that this happened. I hope that mom will allow me to come to work with you tonight so then I can tell Ahkmenrah the news. I don't know how he will take this and it is starting to scare me with all the possibilities of how he will take the news."

Dad took my hand in his, "I'm sure he will love the news. He loves you too much to not be happy for you." Then mom came back as the waiter approached the table with our drinks. "And what can I get you three to eat today?" The very cute waiter asked with a sparkling smile. Not as cute as Ahkmenrah but very cute.

"I'll take a chicken salad with blue dressing on the side." Mom said giving the man her menu. "Uhm, another beer and a burger, no tomatoes, and extra bacon."
"I will take the steak well done with a salad please."

When he came back with our food he ignored my parents, "So, there is this really cool movie coming out tonight and I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go with me to see it." Mom chuckled and I sent her a glare. "Sorry but I'm knocked up. I just found out today and I would never do such a thing while I'm in a relationship with the father. I would try one of those girls over there. They keep staring at you with those killer eyes." He looked embarrassed, with his ears turned red. The girls giggled as he walked towards them. Poor guy. Poor, poor, guy.

The rest of dinner was trying to convince mom to let me go to work with dad and Nicky tonight. I said that Nicky needed help with his math homework so I would be there to help him. Dad and I dropped mom off at home, the sun was close to setting. "Are you ready?" I sighed touching my stomach, "Yeah. I'm ready."