[9]

"Hi, I'm looking for JJ Maybank," I rushed out once I got to the front desk of the Police station. The cop sitting at the desk furrowed her eyebrows.

"He just got bailed out by his father," she said, and I groaned. I ran out of the building to see JJ and his dad walking towards a car.

"Get in the car," his dad snapped, pointing to the car. Luke went to the other side, but JJ hesitated. "Let's go," his dad called when he saw JJ standing there.

JJ got in the car slowly, but it didn't zoom off. Instead, it just sat there, Luke not baring to look at the blonde.

I was about to walk back to my car since JJ would clearly get home when I saw something through the back window that was so horrible that I almost started crying. I felt sick to my stomach as I witnessed JJ's father punching him across the face. Making him hit his head on the window and blood to spit out of his mouth.

"Thirty thousand dollars!" Luke screamed as he kept slamming JJ's against the window, punching his stomach. I ran up to the car, and my eyes widened when I got a better view of what was happening. Luke glanced up for just a second and saw me. He immediately stopped and kept staring at me. Tears flooded my face as JJ gave his father a puzzled look through his groaning and turned towards the window.

Once he saw me, his eyes popped out of his sockets, and his jaw dropped. Luke got off him swiftly, and before I could reach over to open the door, he drove off.

~:*:~

"I still don't know why I have to wear this monstrosity?" I spat at Topper, playing with the orange and white floral dress my mom forced me to wear (Outfit at top). Topper rolled his eyes as we pulled up to midsummers.

"Just suck it up, you whiney bitch," he growled and parked his jeep, "if I have to wear a suit, then you have to wear a dress."

I groaned, "I hate you."

"I hate you too," he replied, and we got out. Mom and dad refused to drive us because we had been arguing the entire day about the boat and my friends.

"You know, if it wasn't for you and your stupid Kooks versus Pogues shit, JJ wouldn't have gone to jail and gotten a 30K restitution that he clearly can't afford," I argued with him as we walked into the growing party.

"Well, actually, he didn't have to take the blame for his girlfriend, so it wasn't my fault. He's just stupid," he chuckled, which made me grab the jacket of his tux and bring his face close to mine, a snarl playing at my lips.

"Say that again," I hissed, and he stayed silent, "you're my bitch, Topper." I spat on his face before walking over to Pope, who was working for his dad.

"Excuse me, sir. Do we have to shuck theses ourselves?" I asked in a fake British accent. Pope's muscles tenses signaling he was annoyed and turned around, "'cause it might mess up my costume," I added, and we both laughed.

"We wouldn't want that now, would we?" Pope said and gave me a light hug, "that accent was bad."

"It was. I was gonna let it go," I joked, "you ever seen this many Kooks in one place?" I questioned.

"Yeah. Last year," Pope said.

"We're in the lion's den," I sighed.

"Exactly," Pope said, and we looked at Topper and Kelce. I glared at them and shook my head.

"Hey, have you heard from JJ?" My breath hitched.

"Yeah, well kinda. I went to the station to see him, but his dad already picked him up," when I was done, I closed my eyes, thinking of everything his dad did to him.