°How To Love You°

(Quick note: This used to be called Enemies)

'Sean's staring at you' Bailey squealed excitedly. Kaycee's face scrunched up with disgust, discretely looking over at him. 

'As if. He's just staring at his reflection' the brunette scoffed, seeing as they were in fact standing in front of the mirror in the corridor.

'Or he's looking at your reflection in the mirror' Bailey nudged Kaycee's shoulders, wiggling her eyebrows as she bit her lips in excitement.

Kaycee turned back to look down at her phone, bombarded with millions of tags and comments.  She scrolled through a few posts, clicking the like button and commenting under a few before Bailey spoke up again.

'He's kinda hot, you have to admit' Bailey tried, grabbing the phone from Kaycee's hands and raising it above her head.

Kaycee gave Sean a quick look. 'He always looks like he's going through the sentsaion of losing a thousand sneezes' Kaycee remarked, tickling Baileys sides before she grabbed her phone back. 'Come on, Bails, biology class is nearly starting' she held onto Baileys hand, dragging her out the corridor.

She tried averting his gaze, but it was burning unpleasant holes in the back of her neck, and she couldn't help but turn around and make direct eye contact with him.

'Quit staring, Lew' she snapped, rolling her eyes for him to see.

'Was not' Sean huffed, crossing his arms above his chest. 'You really want me around that you're hallucinating' he bit back.

'What?! Do you even hear yourself?-you know what? I'm not gonna even bother arguing with an idiot. Cause you'll  just lower me to your level then beat me with experience'. In a subconscious gesture of disgust her nose wrinkled and she drew her head backwards. Her eyes stared incredulously at him, daring him to say another word.

'You win, Rice' he rose his hands in surrender, a smile etched on his lips. 'Only because I could eat a whole bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a smarter comeback that that'.

Kaycee squinted her eyes, her fists clenched and she wanted nothing more than to punch that awful smile off his face but soon her name was being called and she was being dragged away.

'The audacity he has' Kaycee grumbled, muttering more incoherent words under her mouth as Bailey dragged her into their biology class.

'Give it a rest, K. You're both adults now. You're freaking eighteen and at each other's throats' Bailey sighed, patting Kaycee's back. 

Kaycee crossed her arms on her desk, leaning forward as she watched all the students file into class. The wind howled as the students arrive through the door, hustling and bustling down the room. Friends were greeting each other with a hug or a playful punch while the university newcomers looked scared. The queens stood tall and proud, confidence born of experience. Some run in and grab a seat while the slow walkers or chatterboxes took their time.

'Silence, please. Can everyone pipe down? Today we'll be working on an experiment and seeing as it is the start of this term, we'll be changing things up with boy and girl partners' the professor started followed by groans and complaints from the students. 'Take your pick and let's get started' she clapped her hands.

Bailey jumped excitedly in her spot, before leaving Kaycee for Ken. 'Gee thanks, Bails. That's totally fine to leave me, i totally don't mind' Kaycee said to herself sarcastically.

Her eyes scanned around the room, groaning to herself as most of the boys she was somewhat fond of, were partnered with other girls.

'Wanna be my partner?' He stood behind her, one side of his lips giggled upwards. Just by his distinct voice and and smirk that she could practically hear in his voice, she knew who he was.