Chapter 23

Jax finally agreed to take me to see Siobhan at the court case. Even though she was horrible to me and almost killed Sterling and me, I wanted to talk to her one last time before she was sentenced. The trail had yet to start when we arrived at court. Jax took off of work just to stick by my side while I confronted her. As luck would have it, we ran into her and her team of lawyers in the hallway. We stopped as we faced each other. Jax held on to my hand tightly as she smirked at me and rolled her eyes.

"I see the baby is gone. Did it meet some unfortunate end?" She asked slyly. Jax took a step forward but I held him back.

"Our son is none of your concern. I just want to ask... why. Why did you decide to torture us from the very start?" I asked calmly. She laughed maniacally for a moment before finally calming down.

"You can't be serious. You really don't know? Jax and I had been engaged since we were teenagers. Although your middle class status would know nothing about the dealings of the upper class. I met Jax when I was a freshman in high school. I fell in love with him and begged my parents for this marriage merger. Eleven years... we had a promise to marry for literally over a decade, but he never once looked my way. I thought it was because he didn't think I was as smart as him, so I worked harder. My older brothers were trusted to run the Dyer family business, and me? I was expected to marry well, but I couldn't even get my fiancé to look at me. I tried working as hard as him. I tried going to the same events and parties, but it was always someone else. Even then, I let it go because they never stuck around. I thought that once we were formally married and Jax got to know me. He would love me as much as I loved him.

Then you showed up. You were living in his house when I couldn't even get him to answer my phone calls. Jax treated you like a national treasure. He doted on you, and cared for you. The more your stomach grew, the more I hated you. It was a child you should've aborted anyway, but Jax treated you like you were air itself. I couldn't stand the way he looked at you. Even on the night of our engagement party, he never looked at me, but he saw you the moment you walked in. I hated you, and that bastard child. You were ruining my life. You ruined my life and took the one person I ever cared about away from me. I thought I could still have a chance as long as you were out of the picture, but you stuck to my fiancé like a leech. In the end, you seduced him into catering to your every whim. Even his parents are fooled, but I know you're not as innocent as you try to look. I hate people like you, using ever mean to sleep your way to the top. You poor people always try to take away what our families took decades to cultivate. Always looking for a shortcut. So you ask me why? It's because I hate you, you home wrecking bitch," she gave her soliloquy. I was a little surprised to spilled everything, but I was a little less surprised when I saw the crazy in her eyes. I smiled sadly as I took a breath before looking back to where Siobhan was still staring me down.

"Well regardless, I still have to thank you. Honestly, my plan was to have the baby and move on with my life, but your little tricks and torture actually brought Jax and I closer together. It made me realize how much I love Jax, and how much he loves me. The irony of this whole thing is that if you didn't torture me like you did, you would be the one marrying Jax now. But you tried to harm me and kill our baby, so instead, I get to marry him and live the rest of my days as Mrs. Signa. So thank you, Siobhan, truly," I said. Her eyes went wide before she lunged as me. Her team saw it in time and were struggling to hold her back while she screamed as Jax wrapped an arm around me and led me out of the courthouse. Getting in the car, I felt relieved after talking to Siobhan. I don't know why thanking her make a weight lift from me, but it did. Maybe it was seeing someone so cunning and evil finally get caught that made me feel better.

"You thanked her?" Jax asked curiously. I shrugged.

"Getting mad and cursing back at her would've made her happy. She's been trying to get me to fall apart for so long. Killing her with kindness was the only way to drive her insane. She was already borderline crazy to start with after getting arrested," I explained. Jax chuckled as he finally pulled up to the house.

"Who would have thought little Min was a little devious and cunning herself," he joked as we got out of the car.

"I had a good teacher," I replied, referring to Siobhan. "After everything she's done, I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of letting her see me defeated," I admitted.

"Well, with her making a scene like that and losing her shit right before her trail, I have a good feeling about the outcome. Luckily my parents didn't see us there or we would've had to stay. I still think you should've accepted the invitation to be a first hand witness," he said. I shrugged as I plopped down on the couch with a sigh.

"Somehow, I think the jury will come to the right decision without me anyway. 'Spoiled rich girl who didn't get her way' kind of speaks for itself. I swear, I'll never spoil Sterling to the point where he doesn't have a moral compass. Being a kind and civil human being will always be more important than anything he might want. I don't want to raise Sterling to me a menace to society," I promised. Jax hovered over me and kissed me gently.

"I know you're going to continue being a great mother to our son because you're a sincere person, Minnie. You genuinely care about people, and that's one of the reasons I fell in love with you in the first place," Jax smiled gently before sitting next to me.

After a few days, the verdict came back from the trail. Siobhan was found guilty of attempted manslaughter on two counts. Jax and I celebrated right after hearing the news. We wouldn't have to worry about Siobhan ever again.