Chapter Three

you'd think george would be a little bit less nervous about meeting his friends.

But, as the case may be, he happens to be extremely fearful. As the sun slowly creeps into the sky the morning of the trip, all George could want to do is flop back into bed and resume his peaceful sleep.

It didn't go so well. 

His phone was exploding with notifications- Some from Twitter, yes, but many from his friends, who were apparently extra excited. So there was no way he was getting another wink of sleep, not with them on his back.

With a groan, George sits up, turning on his lamp and running his fingers through his brown hair and down his neck until he rests it softly at his side. Grabbing his phone, he drowsily scrolls through messages, a tired smile on his face.

Okay, maybe he was excited.

Really, really excited.

|~George~|

I sit in my kitchen, quietly nibbling at a bowl of cereal while I scroll through Twitter absentmindedly, a routine morning. I've got a fair while before Dream, Bad, Sapnap, and Skeppy show up, even though Wilbur decided we'd be meeting early before picking them up at the airport. So it's a slow, gentle morning, one with little disruption.

One of my favourite kind of mornings. 

I glance up at the time, biting my lip softly. It's nearing noon by now. With a soft sigh, I put away my bowl and grab my phone, trudging back over to my room. I have to clean. 

And I do exactly that. 

It takes me about an hour or so, but even with my laziness and procrastination combined, it honestly wasn't so bad. Putting things back on the shelves, cleaning away dirt, vacuuming away dust. 

With that, I sit down in front of the television, absentmindedly staring at whatever happens to be on whilst my phone lays at my side.

I occupy myself with whatever, sometimes messaging friends, other times tweeting whatever comes to mind, or even just staring at a wall. 

Finally, though, two o'clock rolls around. After carefully pulling a comb through my hair, I pull on a dull, slightly worn light blue hoodie and step out the door, keys in hand. An excited bounce in my step gives away my happiness. 

The drive is a bit longer than I'd expected- I'm not exactly sure where I'm going, honestly, all the information Tommy had given me was an address and time. 

So, I mean, if I get kidnapped, oh well. 

It takes a little less than forty-five minutes to get there, I'm assuming they chose a place close to the airport so we could leave as soon as the first plane is landing. I'd managed to find tickets that would get both Dream and Sapnap here at similar times, whilst Skep and Bad would arrive only a bit earlier, which was a relief, to say the least. I was not staying at an airport for longer than I needed to. The ride is spent with soft music from the radio playing as I lightly tap my fingertips on the steering wheel to the beat of a song I happen to like. 

Cautiously, I walk up to the building. It's clean and small, made up of bricks and light blue accents combined with a sort of wooden feel. The doors are jet black, though, giving the rustic atmosphere a smooth modern effect. It's a nice place really, and as I walk inside I realize it's a cafe. Cool. 

I take in my surroundings silently. The same feel from outside continues into the room, with the exception of a few lighter additions of cream paint. It's warm and cozy.