29 | advice

Third person pov:

"Oh wow.. that is tough." Jimin sat in thought for a while.

Still sat at the cafe as before, Jungkook decided to be honest with Jimin and told the older everything that has been happening between him and Taehyung. From the very beginning, how he used to have a crush on him but concealed it for a long time, up to the point that they were at now and how so much has changed since then.

Honestly, he really just needed to finally get it off his chest and vent about all of his emotions to someone. He didn't have anyone else he felt comfortable talking to about this stuff, Jimin was the best choice since he knew he can listen well and give good advice. He was really lucky to have him in his life, he just hopes he can repay him one day.

"I know it's a lot, it's okay if you don't know what to say. I would probably feel the same in your position." The younger sighed while stirring the last bits of his coffee, not even having the appetite to finish his sandwich anymore.

"No don't worry I just need to think for a moment." Jimin was processing everything slowly with slightly furrowed eyebrows. "So you're saying that he didn't say anything when you said.. you know."

"That I love him? Yeah, he just kind of ignored it. After I got annoyed at him he stood in silence and didn't let a single word out. I really hoped that he would say something but.." he sighed. "He didn't." Jungkook bit the inside of his cheek, avoiding eye contact since he felt a little embarrassed.

Jimin sighed as well. "Well.. listen. Maybe he's just not ready. Everything that you told me about him shows that he does have feelings for you and I can tell you that with certainty, okay? I've been there too." He laughed softly. "Me and Yoongi had a rough start too, no one said love was easy, but we found our way to each other in the end."

Jungkook looked up at him with some hope in his eyes once again.

"Give him some time, don't push your feelings onto him but also don't just give up so easily. Let him get adjusted to the fact that he may not be straight like he thinks so on his own, but still talk to him. Be honest with each other. I know it sounds obvious, but communication is key. You guys clearly haven't talked about any of this yet." Jimin spoke like he had years of experience up his sleeve, and maybe he did. This man was truly full of wonders and secrets that Jungkook knew nothing about but definitely wanted to explore.

"Gosh it sounds so easy when you say it." He laughed bitterly. "I wish I had the confidence to just sit him down and talk about everything that has happened. But I just know how stubborn he is and no matter what I would say he will most likely deny everything."

"That's the thing, it's not easy but also.. it's not impossible. I know you can do it, and I'm not saying you have to go home right now and talk to him the moment you see him. Let yourself process it too and prepare yourself for it. Think about what you want to say and do it once you're ready. Yeah?" Jimin gave him a small smile.

"Yeah.. thank you so much Jimin, you don't know how much it means that you listened to me." Jungkook stood up and hugged him tightly.

Jimin was a little taken aback at first but was quick to lean into the hug with a smile. "Oh you big baby, everything will be fine. I'm always here to help if you need me." He ruffled the boy's hair once they broke the hug which made Jungkook scrunch up his nose like a bunny.

"Alright, let's get back to work I have my next class in ten minutes." Jimin grabbed his things, Jungkook following his actions.

"Actually, I wanna ask one last thing. I've been wondering about it for a while but always forget to ask." Jimin paused, his bag over his shoulder now.

"Sure, ask away." Jungkook put his bag down onto the table and gave his full attention to the older.

"How did you and Hoseok meet? You guys seem close."

Jungkook's face lit up at that. "Ah we met way back in middle school I think. He was one of the only older kids that was nice to me, I also really admired him. He stood up to my bullies once and since then we were very close. But that's a story for a different day."

"Awe that's so sweet. To be honest when I first met you guys I was sure that you might be a couple or something." Jimin giggled.

"Wait.. really?" Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows slightly, not expecting that at all.

"Yeah, I mean now obviously I know that I was wrong, but was there ever a thing between the two of you? Cause it seems like he kind of has his eye on you."

Jungkook was still taken aback by his questions. "N-not that I know of.." he cleared his throat. He was the first boy I ever fell in love with. "We're just close I guess." We promised not to ever bring it up again.

Jimin was a bit sceptical as usual but he let it slide since he didn't have much time. "It's fine Jungkook I'm just playing around I know that you have feelings for Taehyung now. Cheer up okay?"

Jungkook nodded quickly and relaxed once he stopped asking more questions. "Thank you again for everything Jimin."

"Let me know how everything turns out, and good luck. If you need anything at all, you can always find me next door. We're neighbours after all." Jimin winked at him before skipping away upstairs.

Jungkook stood in place for a while longer lost in thoughts. A box of memories that he almost forgot existed has just been opened in his head that he buried deep deep down years ago. This is bad.