forty-four || mission impossible

the song for this chapter is "Belgium to Bordeaux," by Canteen :)

***********

I've been travelling, Belgium to Bordeaux
Belgium To Bordeaux, I don't know which way to go
Catch a later train, to a later kinda show
Meet me by the door, so I know what's going on
I've been travelling, Belgium to Bordeaux

***********

Tate

    "You want me to do what?" Abel cried out, his eyes bulging out so far, I feared that they would go straight through the lenses of his glasses.

    Harry stood in front of Abel while he sat down next to me on the couch in the living room, his arms crossed over his chest.

  "I want you to create a fake software and put it on the flash drive to give to Grayson," Harry restated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

  I placed my hand on Abel's back and lightly began to rub my hand up and down, as I was growing worried that he might start to hyperventilate any minute now.

   "Are you fucking insane?" He gasped.

 Harry smirked back down at him and shrugged. "Abel, I'm genuinely hurt that you didn't know this about me already."

    "Harry, just explain it to him," I begged, not wanting to antagonize Abel any further. 

 Harry huffed and shifted around for a second before finally looking at Abel with a glint in his eye.

   "Listen, mate. I know it sounds fucking crazy because it is fucking crazy. But I think that it's so fucking crazy, that it might actually work."

   Abel relaxed slightly and let out a sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Okay, go on."

"Okay, so...we unlocked the journals," Harry began, and Abel's eyes bugged out again, opening his mouth to interject, but Harry held up a finger to shush him. 

   "The first page was a note from both Tate and I's fathers. It was basically a message mainly directed to the person I think that Darren and those little shits worked for. But in the end, it had a message to anyone else reading, that said no power like this should be allowed in the world. And to be honest, Abel, I don't think it should either. I mean, our dad's died, or at least, we think they died, for this software. For keeping this software hidden."

   Abel furrowed his eyebrows. "Why do you say that you think they are dead?" 

  "Because Darren told me that my dad was still alive," I mumbled. 

 I wasn't sure if I believed him. I mean, how could a person go twenty years without being found? Without coming to check on their family? It just didn't make sense to me, so for now, I was choosing to believe what I had always believed.

  That my father was dead. 

  "Wow, um...that's a lot to process," Abel muttered.

 I couldn't help but chuckle. "Tell me about it."

 Abel placed the palm of his hands on his thighs, rubbing them up and down across his black jeans.

   "So, what you're saying is, Whit shouldn't have this software?" He asked nervously.

 "I don't think anyone should. The plan is, we take a week or a week and a half to develop the fake software, which shouldn't be too hard to fake considering no one's ever seen it in action before. And then, once it's finished, you can run some fake tests with it, just make it like the other hacking software you use, but amp it up a bit. Then, we go about the mission we originally discussed for when Grayson goes to return the money to Whit," Harry replied.