XI. SENTIMENT

control by halsey

control by halsey

"Please stop!
You're scaring me!
I can't help this awful
energy." -I.

"God damn right,
you should be scared of me!
Who is in control?" -L.

          We were inside a clear, plastic canopy and I watched the blue glow illuminating from the Tesseract as Erik studied it. Clint and Erik built a base, somewhere underground, I didn't know where. There were plenty of other scientists and agents with us that Clint collected. They certainly were not S.H.I.E.L.D.

I kept quite an emotionless and straight expression on my face all the time. When Erik went under the magic of Loki's scepter, it "expanded his mind". It gave Erik a so-called truth, and he showed passion from it. The scepter's magic merely made me a soldier. A follower of orders. All of my emotions were bottled up in my mind.

I left the canopy and walked to the other side of the base. You could hear the thick heels of my boots hitting the cement as the long end of my black jacket slightly flowed behind me. I stopped at the end of the base to see Loki, sitting with his scepter. I stood next to the wall beside him as I watched. Then again, I heard the same chilling voice from before.

"...He will make you long for something as sweet as pain."

Loki flinched to the side, as if he felt something attack his neck. He took a few deep breaths before noticing me standing there.

          "Didn't Mother tell you it's discourteous to eavesdrop." Loki joked as I kept giving him a cold glare.

           "Is he the one who tortured you?" I asked, in a monotone manner. Someone found Loki after his fall, they must've been the one to bring him here, and the one to make him look like Hell.

          "Just another servant of his." Loki answered. I kept silent, not saying anymore. It's not that I had nothing to say, I had plenty to say, but I couldn't. I was just... blank. "What? Nothing else?" Loki asked. I didn't respond, just kept a cold stare. Loki let out a sigh, before a blue glow flowed from his scepter, and to my head.

          My eyes darted opened, I looked around and there was nothing but darkness and fog. I let out quick and heavy breaths, I felt more free, but still restrained. I looked down at my hands and tried to form energy in my palms, but nothing happened.

          "You'll find that your powers won't work here." I heard from behind me before I quickly turned around, to face Loki. "We're only inside your mind after all." He explained. Loki slowly started walking towards me. "Now, I understand you frustration-"