5.

Theo had soon left after he promised Winter that he would be back soon.
She
Winter was now all alone in the house except for Maria and some other staffs. She went to bed early that night even though it was just past 7 o'clock.
"Hello?"

"Winter?" Theo called out her name softly.

"Theo, I'm going to sleep..." she paused before saying "please be safe" in a worried tone.
She decided to call him before she fell asleep in case he called her later to check up on her and end up worrying if she didn't pick his call.

"I'll be perfectly fine and safe Winter. Don't worry your pretty little head."
"And don't forget to cover yourself properly, the weather seems to be down today. If you're cold, ask Maria to get you some more quilts. Alright?"

"Mmmm..." Winter replies.

"Good girl..." "I'm keeping the phone now" Theo says before hanging up.

Winter places the phone beside her pillow and prays for Theo's safety before going to sleep.

"Simon...." Winter called out her voice hoarse and weak as she stirred in her sleep. Sweats formed on her forehead as she soon struggled to breathe. She then woke up to find herself tearing up. She checked the time and it had been just two hours since she slept.

She got up to get herself a glass of water feeling thirsty.
"Maria?" she called out as she went into the kitchen.

"My dear"
"Why are you still up?"
"Are you hungry?"
"Do you need anything?" Maria bombarded her with questions.

Winter felt warm inside seeing someone who was worried and cared about her.
"No Maria, my throat is parched. I need me some water." Smiled Winter

Maria pours some water and gives her.
"There's a storm coming dear. You better tuck yourself in warm and sleep. It's going to be a fierce and cold night." Maria advised Winter.

"Okay."

Winter went back and tried to sleep but she couldn't fearing the storm that was about to come. She felt herself frightened at the thought of it. In fact, even when she was with him she couldn't get rid of her fear and would hide under his protection timidly.

Him.

Winter slowly started to remember her dream. She had a very bad and awful dream earlier.

He was at gunpoint.
He was going to die and she couldn't do anything but cry for him helplessly.

"Simon..." Winter whispered to herself in a barely audible voice and before she knew it, her tears started to roll down her red rosy cheeks uncontrollably as she starts to think about him.

***

The night looked gloomy and the atmosphere in the mansion was blue. The servants were panic stricken at the news of their young Missy being ill as a middle-aged man rushed to fetch the anti anxiety medications for his young Master's beloved.

The wind that night blew ferociously outside and the storm continued most of the night. Winter became more frightened by the uproar of the still air that became more charged the closer it got to the centre of the storm.

Winter had astraphobia since she was a kid and because of that she would start having trouble with breathing and her body would start quivering. Her chest pained till her body felt numbed.

"Simon make it stop..." cried Winter as she struggled to battle with her fear. She clutched his clothes tightly with her grib fearing she would be left alone if he disappeared.

Simon was holding a crying Winter in his arms, whispering sweet nothing's in her ear.
"Shhh...it'll be alright. I'm here." he said as he kissed her temple and cheeks consoling her. But the more it stormed outside, the louder you could hear Winter's cry inside the mansion.

The door opened and in came their Butler with the medications and a glass of warm water.

"Young Master..." Butler Lee called out.

"Leave it on the table." Simon ordered. "Make sure no one makes a noise and disturbs her."

"Understood Young Master." Butler Lee bowed and left the room before closing the door quietly.

"Winter?"
"Take this...you'll be fine now" Simon softly persuaded her to take her meds.

Winter sobbed and sniffed as she took the pills and crawled back right under the blankets only to snuggle into his arms again.

Minutes later, Winter's breathing slowed down and she felt herself become sleepy in the warm cosy bed especially under Simon's arms who rocked her softly and sweetly to bed.

***

The weather turned dark now and the lightning struck hard shaking Winter to her core who was sweating profusely under the sheets. Her knuckles turned white due to her hands that was fisted so tightly.

She was starting to struggle for her breath.

Meanwhile,

*

The fast black car that led ten more cars behind came to a halt suddenly.

The latter behind connected his lord on the phone and asked if something was wrong.

"We're going back." Theo said.

The person on the phone was confused. "But my lord, we....." before he could reason why they cannot go back because time was of the essence to them at that point.
Theo had already turned his car and sped off.

They had only drove for more than an hour and their lord was ordering for them to turn back again. He just couldn't understand but nevertheless obeyed him and ordered the rest to turn back again.

Theo's heart was uneasy the whole drive. He felt something was wrong. He couldn't wait to go back and see his Winter. He was tensed the whole while he was driving.

You could see it in his maddening eyes as he turned to this sick and evil person whose look turned more psycho by the minute. Plus the weather did no good to improve his mood.

By the time he reached, heavy rain poured down and the lightning struck fast with strong thunders accompanied.

He wasted no time running in to his Winter.

As he went in and opened the door, he found her hiding under the blankets.
He was relieved at some point but a bad feeling lingered on as he went closer to the bed.
He saw her body shaking badly and so he immediately lifted the covers to see a very pale and weak Winter whose eyes were puffy from all the crying.
His heart broke into pieces seeing this sight of her and what hurt him more was when he reached down to take her into his arms, she cried for Simon.

At first, Winter saw a figure whose hands seemed to stretch out to give her comfort through her blurry eyes.
She felt like she was safe now.

Her subconscious self called out for Simon. Her person, who said that he was going to be by her side always and forever to protect and never let her go.
"Simon...." she called. Seconds pass by when she saw the figure stand still and not make a move. Terrified of being left alone, she cried out again, "Simon, I was so scared..." Winter sobs, her voice breaking and unclear due to her hiccups as she slowly starts to lose conscious before she saw a pair of hands come down to reach her.
"Why are you late this time?" Winter asks as if hurt before completely blacking out.

Don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter!🙏🏻