◖ 1 ◗

𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋 ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

Carrying the bubble wrap and cardboard boxes, her bare feet with soft pink painted toenails, descended one foot after another on the dark hardwood stairs, and dressed her slender build in a ribbed cami crop top and jogger pants. The loose bun on top of her head bounced with each of her strides.

Anicia turned off the staircase of the Brooklyn brownstone and approaching the feminine voices that are coming out of the large, south-facing deck kitchen. She walked in to her younger sister's searching in the stainless steel refrigerator.

She shook her head with a low chuckle. "Y'all are no help. You're supposed to be helping me pack."

The middle sister, thirty-four year old Arlene Porter, leaned her head back behind the refrigerator door and her thick, straightened hair moving with her motions. She stepped backward to show her full body that was accoutered in a black jersey material top with long sleeves, popper fastenings and ruched detailing and vintage wash skinny jeans.

"How you want us to pack while hungry?" Arlene asked, lifting herself on top of the marble counter and swinging her bare feet.

"No foreal," the thirty year old baby sister, Abigail Porter spoke, closing the refrigerator. She had on a knitted stone colored, off the shoulder and ribbed midaxi dress and Nike sneakers. "We hungry. At least the big shit out the way. Why y'all got this big ass brownstone anyway? Ain't like y'all have kids."

Arlene nudged the bigmouthed, young sister. "Shut up, Abi."

Anicia peered down at the Nike's on the newly hardwood floor. "Are you wearing your shoes in my house?"

"Bump allat," Abi dismissed the question. "Can we go eat?"

"We really are starving, Niecy." Arlene called her older sister the family nickname, "Abilene's right around the corner."

Anicia groaned, placing the cardboard boxes on the island along with the bubble wrap. "Alright but we're packing the dishes as soon as we come back."

"Cool!" Arlene hopped off the counter, "Let's go eat."

The three sister's crossed the hardwood floor to the coat rack near the door in the entryway, grabbing their trench coats and putting them on. Grabbing her keys, Anicia and her sister's left the Italianate double entry doors, and Anicia locked each door. They jogged down the stoop and Anicia thumbed the unlock button on her key-fob.