◖ 3 ◗

𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

               The Rolls-Royce Phantom drove along the trimmed, bush lined two-home Porter compound behind the wrought iron gates and a movers truck driving on the Phantom's tail. The estate on thirty acres of land was striking from the views of the Pacific Ocean, Downtown, and snow cap mountains.

               The driver of the Phantom parked in front of the massive, modern Spanish Villa and outside in front of the stair leading double wrought iron doors, the Tanzanian woman was standing there patiently with her five foot, nine inches clothed in a Versace Barocco Acanthus print silk blouse tucked in the contoured waistband of the ankle-gazing skinny jeans and pointed toe, slingback flats.

               She held a honey skin complexion with the bright hazel eyes that Anicia inherited and shadowed by her neatly threaded eyebrows. She had a long elegant neck, impeccable facial structures for her nearly sixty years of age, and long silk pressed hair that fell to the length of her waist. She was naturally beautiful and had the past successful career in modeling during her early years with her ectomorph body type.

               The woman was Grace Porter, the mother of Anicia and her sister's.

               The back door of the Phantom opened and her slingback flats rushed across the ground as Anicia climbed out in her vintage oversize shirt that belonged to her boyfriend she threw on and her pair of biker shorts. Sight of her mother made her smile widely and hug into her warm embrace.

               "Mtoto wangu!" Grace squealed in Swahili, rocking her from side to side.

               Anicia smiled wide. "Hey, Mommy."

               Grace reeled back, offering a gentle smile with her head in between her hands. "You look beautiful," her soft accent seeped from her vocal box. "I'm so happy you're back home."

               Anicia hugged her once more as Landon approached the mother and daughter with a smile. "How are you, Mrs. Porter?"

               Grace released Anicia as she looked at him. "What I tell ya bout calling me that? You have been in this family long enough to call me Mom like everyone else."

               "Yes ma'am," he smiled and hugged the woman he hoped would be his mother in-law soon.

               Grace patted his arms as they separated. "So glad you guys are here. I would say stay as long as you want but I know my daughter and how she just loves to leave home."