prologue

may 13, 2005
11:56 a.m.
fbi field office in chicago

"y/l/n! boss needs to see you in her office. she said it's urgent."

"but i'm still working this case, i can't just stop i've almost got something!"

"you just gotta go, y'know what happened last time you didn't go see her."

"yeah yeah whatever bales. tell her i'll be there in like 2 minutes."

"got it!"

everything was going great. you had made a great name for yourself in your home town when all the odds were stacked against you. you could still see your family, well. what's left of it, and do the job you loved. you were helping clean up the city too, and just stop bad people in general. it was great. you walked into your bosses office, mrs. gray. she was the only downside to this job. she was a bitch.

"agent y/l/n. we have something to discuss."

"ok, i'm listening."

"the behavioral analysis unit has requested for you to be transferred in. they want you down in quantico."

"what? sorry i'm just, really shocked right now."

"i know it's short notice, but they said you would be a valuable asset to their team. and i agree. i filled out the paperwork on my end all you have to do is fill out your papers and give me the ok. you could be down in virginia by next week."

"i- i wow. ok. um, can i have until after lunch to think about it?"

"of course."

"thank you."

and with that. your life changed forever.