[10]

I walked into my room at Thorton Mansion and sighed, flopping on my bed. I was so exhausted from dealing with Topper, then midsummers, then Kiara, and then John B had to stress everyone out by getting himself pushed off a Hawks Nest and almost dying. Me, Sarah, and the Pogues all waited at the hospital till two in the morning waiting for the doctors to say John B was okay. He was. Just a concussion and a broken wrist. I don't know how he didn't die, but hey, he's crazy like that. 

But once we got the confirmation that our friend was fine, we all went home beside Sarah, who's staying overnight. She is totally in love with him. She might as well have a huge sign saying 'I'm in love with John Booker Routledge.' But it's not like John B's any better. He's totally, as JJ would say, "pussy whipped." God, my boyfriend is weird. I still love him, though. Wait what? No. I don't love him. Ha, I don't know why I said that. I mean thought that. Ugh, I'm weird too. I'm literally talking to my mind.

My odd thoughts were pulled away when I heard a soft knock on my door. I snapped my head up from laying on my stomach to see JJ crouched low on my balcony. I furrowed my eyebrows and got up from my bed. Letting him into my room.

"Hey, babe, what're you doing?" I asked with a tired chuckle.

"I came to see you. Is this a bad time?" He worried, and I shook my head, a smile falling onto my face.

"No -- no I um," I ran a hand through my hair, "I was just about to fall asleep with a full face of makeup and a dress on, so I'm actually glad you came to kinda wake me up," I rubbed my eyes and walked into my bathroom to take off my makeup. JJ laughed again and followed me into the bathroom.

"Ah, good memories in here," he joked, and I looked at him with an 'are you serious' look. I started removing my makeup, which calmed me down even more than I was.

"You know Kie didn't mean what she said in the van," JJ cut the silence. I had almost forgotten about me and Kie's fight because of all the other drama.

"I know. I just . . . ." I sighed and finished removing my makeup. Once I was done, I threw the makeup wipe into the trash and huffed again, "I don't think I'll ever consider myself a Pogue, J."

He frowned, "why? You clearly are one --"

"Am I?" My lips formed into a straight line. "I mean, come on. I'm Topper Thorton's sister, I'm the popular girl at the Kook academy, and I'm best friends with Sarah Cameron, who is like the Kook princess."

"Yeah, you are all those things. But that still doesn't make you any less Pogue. A true Kook wouldn't hang around the Pogue-is-est of the Pogues. Especially after one of them pulled a gun out on their brother," we both giggled, and I blushed.

"Yeah, but --" he cut me off with a shush and placed his finger to my lips.

"Never think you don't belong with the Pogues. Ignore what Kie says. She's just blinded by her hate for Sarah. She even told me that she doesn't know why she hated you. She had no reason to," he said and removed his finger from my mouth. Instead, they intertwined into my curly black hair. "Who could hate you?" He asked more to himself, and I smiled.

"Thank you," I whispered and leaned my head against his hand.

"Are you kidding? I live for this shit," he said a little louder than me.

"You live to cheer up your girlfriend?" I questioned with a laugh.

"Ugh, I love hearing that word come out of your mouth," he moaned, and I put on a puzzled face to annoy him.

"What word?" I asked innocently.

"Girlfriend," he bit his lip, and I shook my head at him. I pushed him playfully and walked to my dresser to put on some PJs. I was about to grab a pair when JJ picked me up from behind, making me squeal as we landed on my king-sized bed I didn't need at all.