Chapter 12...

(Sorry if there's grammer problems I wrote this at like 11 o'clock last night )

(Also song the side is Ellie Goulding's 'Love Me Like You Do' I know it has nothing to do with the chapter but I was listening to it on repeat while writing this. I'm in love with it and I can't wait to see Fifty Shades of Grey!!!!! Enjoy ;) )

Picture on side of Ashton's car. Its such a nice car. ---->

Layla's POV

The hand came down and smacked hard against my cheek. My head snapped back and I could feel my cheek swelling and burning. Tears brimmed my eyes but I held them in, I couldn't let them see me cry or they would do it twice as hard.

"You are such a waste of space. I don't know why your mother and I even had you!" The voice of my father said as he stood beside me. Before I could even look up his fist connected to my stomach and I slumped over all the breath in my body escaping me. I fell to my knees trying to gulp in some air as my father stood over me with a cruel smile across his face. I knew my cheek would be bruised in the morning and that I would have a pretty good size bruise on my stomach. Although the pain was nothing new to me I never got use to it.

"I think it's time you learn what your place really is." He said and I saw his feet move away from me. Instead of relaxing I tensed up even more as what he said ran through my mind. A deep wrenching feeling wedged itself in my stomach as my mind came up with what he would do. I heard his feet shuffling back to me and my eyes shot up. I bit back a scream as my father held a big cooking knife in his hand. As he advanced on me I couldn't stop myself from moving backwards away from him. He really has lost his mind this time. I thought. Just as he stood a foot away from me I opened my mouth and let out a screamed.

I jolted awake as I felt arms shaking me. My eyes snapped open and I moved back on the bed.

"No, no don't hurt me!" I yelled as I kept backing up until my back hit something. Turning my head I saw it was a head board. I felt the bed dip and I felt my heart speed up.

"Layla it's okay, it's just me." A familiar soothing voice said. Once I heard Ashton's voice, my heart seemed to calmed down. I couldn't stop myself from going over to Ashton and wrapping my arms around him. His cologne surrounded me and I breathed it in deeply. "It's okay." He said as he rubbed my back in circles.

I haven't had that dream in almost 4 months. Why all the sudden? I thought as I calmed down. After I had calmed down I laid still in Ashton's arms not wanting to move incase it ruined the perfect moment.

"Are you okay?" Ashton asked as he still rubbed my back. I nodded into his chest starting to feel embarrassed. "Do you want to tell me what happened today?" I knew I had to explain what happened to Ashton but I knew telling him would wreck the peacefulness around us. I eventually sighed and pulled out of his embrace. My body seemed to go cold as soon as his arms fell from me and I had to stop myself from launching back into his arms.

"Well... I went to work today and everything was fine even after I had to take someone else's shift. It was getting close to the end of my shift when a guy smacked my ass. It's not like it hasn't happened before but this guy got up and kept coming onto me so I did the only thing that came to mind; I kick him in his... private area." I explained staring down at my hands. "My boss saw and told me to follow him to talk. Well long story short he wanted me to do something in order to keep my job and I said no and quit. Then I called you." I finished trailing off. I waited for Ashton to say something but he stayed silent. Maybe I shouldn't have told him. Does he think that's a terrible excuse to quit? I asked myself.

After about 5 minutes of silence I looked up not being able to handle him not saying anything. Surprised I saw him sitting there with his hands in fists and his jaw clenched almost painfully.