Chapter 3 Meet the King and Queen

Zane and Zari walk down the hallways, they notice people staring at them.

"You know that they haven't shown their abilities yet."

"I heard that they defeated a group of mid-tiers without using their abilities."

"I know. I saw it happen. The girl kicked Tanner in the balls."

"Ouch! Don't want to get kicked there."

Zane and Zari continue to mind their own business. Zari sighed because she was tired of people talking about her and her twin brother Zane. When she looked up, she bumped into somebody. The girl she bump into feel to the floor.

"Ow!" the girl said.

Zane look to see a pinknette girl on the floor, rubbing her head. Zane kneeled down.

"Hey, you okay?" Zane asked the girl.

"Yeah. I wasn't looking where I was walking." the pinkette replied.

"Sorry if I hurt you. I should've payed attention where I was walking." Zari said.

"It's fine." the pinkette said. She gets up and looks at the two. "Hey, aren't you two the new transfer students that came here yesterday?"

"Yeah?" Zane and Zari said in unison.

"I was there in call when those two students blocked your way. I was about to tell them to let you pass but you two handled them with ease." the pinkette said.

"Well, we don't like it when people try to snoop into our business. Besides, it doesn't matter what our levels and abilities are. People just need to accept who we are." Zari said.

"I agree! My brother thinks that people should be treated equally!" the pinkette said.

"Your brother sounds like a good person." Zane says.

"He is! You two should meet him one day. I bet he would like you two." the pinkette smiles. "Say, I'm gonna have lunch with my friends. Would you two like to come?" the pinkette says.

"Well?" Zane asks as he looks at Zari.

"Ummm. Sure. I-I wouldn't mind." Zari says.

"You know you don't have to force yourself. It's okay if you don't want to."  the pinkette says.

"No! I wanna go. I wouldn't mind making a few friends." Zari says with a small smile.

"Great! My name is Remi!" Remi says.

"Name is Zane." he says emotionlessly.

"Hey Remi. I'm Zari." Zar says with a small smile.

"Let's go!" Remi says as she drgas the two.

Zane and Zari look surprised at the pinkette boldness for dragging them. As the make their way to the cafeteria, they get their lunch. Remi walks to the table she normally sits. She motions for Zane and Zari to come. Zane and Zari sat on the opposite side.

"So, how's Wellston been for you two?" Remi asks.

"It's alright if the people here stop talking behind our backs." Zane states.

"Like why do they gossip a lot?" Zari asks.

"Well uhh.. You'll get use to it. Besides, I have been hearing about it. Apparently, it's because you two didn't reveal your abilities when being asked or tell us about your level." Remi states.

"Well, why should people care about that? Is it because they want to make sure they don't piss off any high-tier?" Zane asks.

"Maybe... But if you two are high-tiers, I wouldn't mind." Remi states.

"And if we were low-tiers or mid-tiers? Then what? What about if we were actually cripples? Would you still treat us the same way?" Zari asks.

Remi doesn't say anything.

"Hey Remi!" a guy calls out.

The three look to see three guys approaching them. One redhead, orange hair guy and the angry looking blonde guy. They sit down at the table.

"Hey Blyke! Isen! And ASSLO!" Remi says.

"Hello pinky." the blonde guy says.

"I told you to stop calling me that." Remi says.

"Hey Remi. Who are these two?" Blyke asks.

"Oh! These two are Zari and Zane. The new transfer students." Remi states.

"Really? Nice to meet you." Blyke says.

"Sup!" Zane says.

"H-Hi!" Zari says while avoiding eye contact.

"And what are they doing here at the royals table." the blond guy says.

"Arlo, stop it! I brought them here for lunch." Remi says.

"I see. So, what are your abilities and levels?" Arlo(ASSLO) asks.

"It's none of your concern." Zane replies.

"I see you have quiet the mouth there." Arlo says.

"Does it really matter though?" Zari asks.

"Of course it does. it determines where you belong in the hierarchy." Arlo states.

"Yeah, I wouldn't mind knowing either." Blyke states.

"Yeah, I wanna know too!" Isen says.

"GUYS! Leave them alone. Maybe they don't feel comfortable enough to tell us." Remi says.

"HMPH! I am King here and I'll decide that. So, why not tell us?" Arlo asks as he crosses his arms.

"UGH! You know what. This was definitely a mistake." Zari says as she gets up.

"Wait up sis!" Zane says as Zari begins to walk away. He follows after her.

"Nice going Arlo." Remi says. "They wanted to be friends and yet, here you are asking them what their abilities and levels are to determine where they belong in your hierarchy."

"They should be put in their place. As King, I need to make sure everything doesn't fall out of place. And the way I see it, those two not telling us anything could be a problem." Arlo states.

"Let them get settled first. Maybe they have their reasons." Remi states.

Arlo gets concerned with the two. "Isen! A word." Arlo says.

"Uhh yeah sure." Isen replies.

As Arlo and Isen leave the cafeteria, they head to an empty classroom.

"Is there something you need?" Isen asks.

"I want you to find out what those two are hiding. What their abilities are and how they came into Wellston." Arlo says.

"Aren't you going a bit overboard. They barely came yesterday." Isen states.

"Isen! I don't remember asking for your opinion. And keep your mouth shut. I don't want Remi to meddle in with this." Arlo states.

"Alright fine." Isen says.