7. Meeting Harabeoji

Jungkook's telephone rang. 

"Hello?" he answered, knowing very well that only his secretary could call him on that telephone. "Mr. Jeon, Jeon Hyungsik-ssi is here to see you" Seokjin said. "Ohh, let hi- nevermind. He is here" Jungkook said and hung up. 

He got up from his seat with a huge grin on his face. "Harabeoji!! Come, come!" he said, walking around the table to sit with his grandfather on the couch in his room. 

"I came to talk to you about yesterday's meeting" Hyungsik said. "What about it?" Jungkook asked, already knowing where this conversation was leading. 

"What do you think about Seojoon-ssi?" Hyungsik asked. "He is respectable and decent" Jungkook answered immediately. "Right? I, umm..." Hyungsik hesitated. 

Jungkook waited for his grandfather to come out on his own. He knew what this was about. Hoseok had told him last night. But he wanted to hear it from his grandfather. 

"So...umm....we are friends" Hyungsik said. "Yeah" Jungkook said. "But something happened between our families. We are still friends. Nothing separated me and Seojoon. We kept in touch with each other the whole time. 

But our kids don't talk to each other, so we didn't talk much to each other over time. I don't wanna go into it, though. You have every right to know about it, but I don't wanna tell you about it now. I will tell you soon, Jungkookie. You trust me, right?" Hyungsik asked, looking at Jungkook with vulnerable eyes. 

"Of course, Harabeoji! You don't have to ask me" Jungkook said. "Promise me you won't hate me when the truth is finally out" Hyungsik said. "I would never hate you, Harabeoji. No matter what. But yeah, I promise" Jungkook promised. 

"Thanks. I will tell you about it some day. But will you be okay if I, umm... if I ask you to marry his grandson?" Hyungsik asked. "Is he gay too?" Jungkook asked. "Yeah. He is older than you and is a real sweetheart. Seojoon still didn't ask his grandson about it, so once he does, I'll let you know" Hyungsik said. 

"Okay. What do you think about him?" Jungkook asked. "Park Seojoon is a great person. He would have raised his kids and their kids the same way. There is no doubt about that. I haven't met his grandchild personally, but I think he will be good too. I met his father today in the morning. He was very friendly. I think it will be a good match. I am not doing this for business sake, Jungkookie. You know it well. I am doing it because you don't have any interest or time to do it yourself. You know that, right?" Hyungsik asked. 

"I do, Harabeoji. I won't mind even if you do it for the sake of business. I know for a fact that love is bullshit. If love is true, then mom wouldn't have divorced dad and taken hyu-" "Kookie. Look at all the successful couples. One in a few couples fail, but look at all the other successful couples who love each other and live happily" Hyungsik interrupted. 

"Look at me and Halmeoni. Aren't we happy with each other? Fights happen, Kookie. There is something wrong with the couple if they don't fight with each other. The important point is how much they are willing to come down and forgive each other. That's what holds every couple together. The ability to forgive each other. 

Your mother couldn't forgive your father. I won't blame her, though. What he did was wrong. But she could have let him explain instead of leaving without a second word. But then again, it is their life. We can't do anything about it. Halmeoni and I have done our best to give you the love and affection that you need. We love you to pieces. That's what matters in life, doesn't it? To have people who love us?" he asked. 

"You are right, Harabeoji" Jungkook said. "Who knows? You might love your husband. We never know, do we?" Hyungsik asked. "We don't. I am not saying no to the marriage, Harabeoji. Let's see if I will love my husband just like you say" Jungkook said, sighing loudly. 

"Let's see. So, do you wanna meet him?" Hyungsik asked. "Sure. When do you want me to meet him?" Jungkook asked. "This Sunday? Day after tomorrow" Hyungsik said. 

"Sure. Let me know the details after they confirm it" Jungkook said. "Okay, will do. You go home, now. It is getting dark. I'll get going too. Here, Halmeoni made sweets" Hyungsik said and handed him a huge bag. 

"Wow, thanks. I will call and talk to her on my way back home" Jungkook said, arranging his desk before taking his car keys. "Yeah, do that. I will go now" Hyungsik said, getting up from the couch. "Wait! I will come with you till the parking lot" Jungkook said, hurrying to put all the files in. "Okay" Hyungsik said and waited for him. 

After an hour, Jungkook finally walked back into his flat and threw his bag on the couch. He decided to take a shower and walked straight into the bathroom. His flat had only two mirrors. One full length mirror in the bedroom, and a small one in the bathroom that he rarely looked at. 

He took his time to shower, slowly massaging his head while applying the shampoo. He filled up the bathtub and got into it. 

The conditioner looked appealing. He conditioned his hair and tipped back to lay his head on the edge of the tub. 

He stared at the ceiling, thinking of his soon-to-be-engaged life. 'How will the guy be? Will he be a gold-digger? Will he hate me? Will he torture me? Will I hate him? Will we divorce each other like my parents? Or will we end up loving each other like our grandparents? What the hell is gonna happen?' these thoughts kept his mind busy for a really long time. 

Almost after half-an-hour, he realized that his hair still had conditioner in it and scrambled under the shower to get it off. 

He soon dried himself with a towel and wore shorts. He had a habit of roaming around without a shirt. It was his house, after all. And he lived alone, anyway. 

He ran his hand through his extra-smooth hair, thanks to the conditioner. He played with it for a couple of seconds before stopping to look at himself in the mirror. 

A couple of men standing fifty miles away from the flat might have missed his scream. But everyone else within a fifty-mile radius would have surely heard him scream at his now red hair. 

He stared at himself in shock as he ran his hand through his hair repeatedly, hoping he wasn't hallucinating somehow. 

But he wasn't. 

His hair really was a flaming shade of red. 

"AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH" he yelled, finally realizing what this was about. He had literally used the same conditioner a week ago, and nothing had happened to his hair. 

But his hair was now red. 

"WHICH SON OF HADES'S GRANDFATHER IS DOING THIS SHIT?!??!?!" he yelled before realizing another important thing. (Hades is the Greek god of the Underworld)

Someone broke into his apartment easily....... 

He ran to his main door and checked the lock. It was fine. He checked every window of his flat. Everything was fine. Even the balcony door's lock was fine. 

.........and left without a trace.