37.

Have a nice reading ♥️ Probably a boring chapter ahead😪 Read at your own risk😜

"Aru..." Ragini stood before Arvind, an uncertainty, a nervousness looming over her voice.

Arvind looked up to find the Maheswaris assembling in the hall as asked by him. He shifted his gaze to his friend and smiled at her. "Nervous?"

Ragini couldn't reply. She heaved a sigh of distress. She couldn't ascertain where life is taking them, what they should expect the next moment. Her husband is innocent! She knows that. But the uneasy feeling bubbling inside her is not helping her at the moment.

"Ragu, don't worry." Arvind blinked at her. "Truth will come out. Only truth will! I have talked to ACP. He's my friend."

"Aru..." Ragini's voice trailed off in surprise.

"I can't help in that Ragu. When truth comes out, the culprit should be arrested and punished. Don't worry. He will be here only after I call him."

A call from Ananya interrupted them and Ragini walked back to sit between Sanskar and Swara.

***

Sangita splashed water over face again. Her eyes swollen and red yet it held something akin to rage. She couldn't identify the reflection. Was it herself?

She was somehow relieved that Maheswaris came to know her identity. Every time she was called her titli's name, she felt her heart piercing. After freshening up, she heaved a sigh preparing herself to face the family again.

And her phone buzzed, 'Please! I miss you!'.

Sangita shut her eyes. No pleadings are going to affect her. At least not now, when she's so close to her goal.

***

Seeing Sangita approaching them, Ragini shot up from her seat. She wanted to reach Sangita and talk with her, but what? Realising herself being in a maze of thoughts, she sat down and looked at Sanskar who had been fiddling his fingers.

"Arvind..." Laksh called softly seeing everyone ought to be present being together at the moment.

"Ms. Roy!" Arvind intended to make a formal approach but was treated with a stern gaze in return, making him sigh.

"How much more drama should I witness, Mr. Investigator?" Her voice tried to be a mocking one but ended up being tired.

"We shall get to the matter, Ms. Roy. The case requires detailing so please bear with it. Before that we have some guests. They will be here--" Arvind's voice trailed off as he observed Sangita's attention somewhere else. On following her gaze, he saw Sharmishta and Swara bringing Shekhar in his wheelchair.

"Victim of one of your revenge strikes!" Arvind saw colour draining off Sangita's face as his words hit her. "You're here to avenge for your loss and because of you someone lost her dear ones. Two deaths! One was fighting for life! How will you justify those, Ms. Roy?"

Sangita shifted her gaze to meet the stern eyes of Arvind. She felt her throat drying up.

"Your loss can't be wiped off but to avenge it you adopted a vicious route. Multiple attacks... If it was on Maheswari family, mainly Sanskar I would have understood. But on Gadodhia family. Why?"

Sangita kept mum. Did she had answers? Maybe Yes! But--

"Shanaya!?" Swara was surprised seeing Laksh's PA at Maheswari Mansion and it drew attention of others.