Chapter 21

*IMPORTANT NOTICE!!*

SERIOUSLY ! It's important.

I'm sooo sorry you guys, please don't be mad. I'm getting grounded from the computer tomorrow for I don't know how long. It's 'cause I got A's and B's and ONE C. But, I love you guys and please keep my story alive for a week or so until I come back! Love youuuu ! Be back soon, I promise(:

Fan, Comment, Vote, Smile, Believe <33

______________________________________________________________________________

 "I'm in love with you."
 Oops.
 Cain stared at me, mouth open. He shook his head and his green eyes went wider. Damn. Damn. Damn. DAMN! I cursed myself. I fidgeted with the hood around my face.

"Ummm-" I started, but I was soon interrupted.

"Took you long enough!" He lilted, rushing to me.

He wrapped his arms around me and I reacted immediately, putting them around his neck. I could hear his heart, it was hammering fast and hard against my cheek. I breathed in and felt... perfect. 

 Like the bruises had disappeared, the pain going with it. The anger and sadness, the fight... all gone.

He pulled back and his hand hesitated at the top of my hood. It hovered for a moment, until I nodded in defeat. He peeled it back slowly, jaw clenching. It dropped to my neck and I felt the wind on my face for the first time today.

His arms squeezed around my torso, extremely tight. I ducked my head down.

 "How? When? I was with you this whole ti..me... right?" I didn't glance up. His hands tightened, but it didn't hurt. I could just feel the warmth through my t-shirt, for my jacket had ridden up. I gripped some of the hair at the nape of his neck, marveling at it's silky feel.

 "The banging last night ..?" He trailed off, sounding like he already knew.

I nodded, slightly.

He sighed and blew minty breath across my face, making me shiver. I looked up finally, peeking out under my lashes. My head was barely tilted. He glanced down and paused, watching me. I bit my lip, startled by the sudden staring contest.

I picked my head up fully, still having to lift it up a little, Cain being an inch or two taller.

He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"I."

He kissed one cheek.

"Love."

He kissed the other.

"You."

He kissed my nose.

"Too."

My heart leaped but, I put on a poker face.

I scowled playfully up at him and he smirked. I pulled at the hair that I still held in my hands. He winced. I stuck my tongue out at him and he chuckled, hands now laying lightly at my waist. Without hesitation, I pulled his head down, stopping just before we kissed. I gave a quick smile and moved my hands down, gripping his collar.

"Deja Vu." He said, breathless.

I tugged at his collar, eliminating the space between us. Our lips met and it felt like our first kiss, but, better. I moved my hands back at his neck, yanking him closer. His tongue asked for entrance and I granted it. Our tongues danced ftogether, until I felt my chest would collapse from lack of oxygen.

We separated and I gulped in the air. My hands were still at his neck and his had moved higher to my lower back, under my jacket. I looked up and gave the happiest smile I could ever give.

He looked at me and returned the smile, only his more dazzling.

"What now?" Cain asked. I shrugged and pulled my hood up.

He frowned.

"I hate that bastard."

 My eyes widened at bit at his language. Not that I was offended, it just sounded so harsh on his tongue. I sighed and patted the side of his head.

 "It doesn't matter now."

"But, if I had come soon-"

 I cut him off with a quick kiss.

"Doesn't. Matter." He ran a hand through his choppy hair, then relaxed the stressed expression he wore.

 "Alright, but if I ever see this again..." He threatened.

 I nodded my head quickly and smiled.

 The bell rang over our heads and I kissed him one more time and fled, grabbing my backpack from Risa, who was waiting by the lunchroom door. She raised her eyebrows and I blushed.

*********

 The day went on too long. I just wanted to sleep, plain and simple. I just wanted some sort of inner peace within my waves of emotions. I was undeniably radiating happiness from my time with Cain, even though it was now 7th period. But, the memory of dad lapped at my concious.

  I sighed longingly and glanced out the window, watching the clouds drift apart. The sun was out today, shining brightly. The wind whipped the trees around, twisting the branches in a graceful dance. The moved in an entrancing way, bending and changing positions.

  I jumped when the bell rang, banging my knee against the bottom of the desk. A passing kid snickered and I scowled. I stooped down and lifted my bag, leaving the window seat behind.

  I glanced around me when I left the building, looking carefully around the grounds. Cain stood a few feet away, approaching at a steady place. He smiled and greeted me.

 "Hey,"

 "Hey," I responded. I was a little nervous, considering what happened this afternoon. I shifted my weight back and forth as he unlocked the car. He looked up at me from over the top.

 "What?"

 I ducked my head and jumped in the car, trying to hide my blush. Did I imagine it? Like some psychotic daydream? Cain had gotten in after me and shot me an odd look. He pulled away from the school and I turned slightly, watching him. He kept his gaze out the windshield.

  I squinted and thought back harder, nearly positive it was real. But, didn't I think what happened with dad was a dream and it turned out to be real? Maybe it was a dream... I mean, why would I blurt 'I love you' like that?

 "It happened." Cain said, a small smile on his face.

 I blushed widely and turned away, my nerves frazzled.

 "Really?" I asked, turning back, not caring if he saw my pink cheeks.

 "Yup. You love me," He teased. "And I love you, of course."

  I smiled and faced forward.

  How amazing. ~