Chapter 11

Draco

"Take this one." She says handing me a small cookie to decorate.

"No Lancing, I said that this damn activity could happen, not that I was doing it with you."

"Fine, you are just missing out on all the fun." She shakes her head at me.

I don't respond because I know it will not be fun for me. I watch her slowly put icing on her cookie. I can't help but notice how she has a stupid smile plastered across her face the whole time. I don't know why she is so happy doing these little things.

The Christmas tree decorating really wasn't that much fun at all. I actually hated it. Magic was made for things like this. At least that's how my family sees it. We don't waste time on stupid things like this.

Lancing brought up the other day that her mother was into some muggle activities so it doesn't really surprise me that Lancing likes them too.

"Guess what it is!" Lancing says flipping her cookie over to show me a green blob.

"That's horrific Lancing. I can't even tell what that is." I say to her in shock of how bad her decorating skills are.

"It's a Christmas tree!" She scoffs obviously offended by my comment.

"For as much as you talk about doing this growing up, you're pretty terrible at it thimble." I say with a small laugh.

"I refuse for you to be mean on Christmas." She demands annoyed with me.

"Hate to break it to you, I choose how to act and what to say to whomever, no matter the date." I respond. 

She doesn't answer me. She just gives me a look that tells me she didn't like what I had to say. We stay in a comfortable silence as she decorates more cookies. She makes a snowflake, and a couple of what looks like boxed gifts? I really couldn't tell to be completely honest. I can only go by what she is trying to convince me they are.

"So, what is your basic family Christmas day like? Like when you are with your family...what do you do for it?" Lancing asks me to break our silence.

"Well, we usually wake up and have breakfast together. My mother and father give me a couple gifts, usually books or something. Then we go our separate ways for the day. My father has business and I just go to my room. We end the night with a family lamb roast and then I go to bed. Pretty simple. Why?" I say confused on why she asks. 

"That's really lonely.." She says looking up at me from her cookie.

"I don't think so."

"Why would your father want to work on Christmas? That's the one day a year you are supposed to be with family." She asks with wide eyes.

"I don't know? My father always works." I shrug, not really thinking much into it.

"I don't know, but I would feel very lonely." She says with something behind her words. I can't quite tell what it is though.

I have never felt "lonely" persay on Christmas. I guess for my whole life it has been like that so I have nothing to compare it to. My father is always working and I like to be alone. I don't mind reading in my room or going for a walk.

"Would your friends come over and give you gifts? That is my favorite part." She asks me with a smile.

"Uh, no, not really." I say to her. I'm not sure why she keeps asking these questions? I understand we have different family lives, but why is she so keen on mine?

"What! Would your friends ever come over to hang out or have dinner with your parents?" She asks very interested. A little too interested for my comfort at this point.