𝘕 𝔦 𝔫 𝔢 .

» Hᴇ'ˢ ᵃ 𝔠𝔬𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔡 «

» Hᴇ'ˢ ᵃ 𝔠𝔬𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔡 «

(This is a pretty short one c:)
----

"B-but.. there are.. werewolves.." Malfoy whispered, his eyes as wide as an owl's. Just in time, a series of howls echoed from the forest. "Oh there are more than werewolves in those trees lad" Filch said in a menacing tone.

"Be sure of that" The man finished. Y/n snickered, raising a brow as he crossed his arms. "Nighty night" Filch added, walking away from the half giants and the students.

The raven head patted the scared blonde on the back, "Don't worry, Malfoy. The werewolves wouldn't want to eat you with that manky trap of yours" he smiled. Draco glared at the Potter, not sure if he should be relieved by just a bit or angry at the teasing,

"Right, let's go" Hagrid sighed, starting to walk away as the four students had no choice but to follow. They soon entered the forest, fog obscuring most of their vision. Malfoy nervously waved his lantern, nibbling his lower lip. He almost hit Y/n in the nose, the latter scrunching his face up as the fire got way too close for comfort.

He glared at the shorter male, "You trying to burn my face off?" he bellowed, pushing Malfoy's arm away from him with a rough shove. "It would certainly make you look much better" The blonde retorted, glaring back.

Y/n playfully gasped, "Oh, you've been imagining it then? Thinking about me, are you?" he teased, making the blonde put the lantern near his face again. He yelped, the sound akin to the yip of a fox. Malfoy gave the other his signature smirk, accidentally bumping into Ron's back because he wasn't looking where he was going.

Hagrid kneeled down, checking something on the ground. "Hagrid.. what is that?" Harry asked, trying to get a better look at what the half giant was doing. "What we're here for" Hagrid answered, turning towards the four.

He raised his free hand up, a thick silver metallic substance on his fingers. "See that? That's unicorn blood" He started, looking around wearily. "I found one dead a few weeks ago, now this one's been hurt bad by somethin'"

The half giant hesitated, "So- its our job to go and find the poor beast" he explained. "Ron, Hermione, Y/n, you come with me"

"Harry, you go with Malfoy"

Malfoy huffed, "Ok, but I get fang and the other Potter"

Y/n and Ron both shared confused looks, Ron's head nodding towards the blonde while Y/n simply shrugged, as dumbfounded as he is. Out of all the people, him? The one that has been attempting to make him shit his pants? By Salazar, the boy might as well be insane.

Hagrid sighed, nodding. "Very well, just so you know, Fang's a bloody coward"

The raven head began to walk towards his brother and his fellow Slytherin, who are too busy having a staring contest with Fang. "Alright Fang, lets leave these two gits behind" he exclaimed, the dog running beside him as he began to walk away, leaving the other two to catch up as he talked to the dog.

"Just wait until my father hears about this!" Draco announced, "This is servant stuff!"

Y/n rolled his eyes, "Reckon we can use you as the golden snitch and no one would even notice the difference" he remarked, crossing his arms. The corner of Harry's lips tugged upwards. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were scared" he said.

Malfoy scoffed, "Scared Potter.". He shook his head, only to look behind him, paranoid. "..Did you hear that?". He shook his head once more, walking forward rather hastily, "Come on Fang" he called, but the dog stayed beside Y/n.

He looked behind him to see Y/n breathing rather heavily, wide eyes and backing away. "What?" Malfoy asked, his voice shaking. Harry only looked at his brother, highly amused.

Fang began to growl, looking behind the boy. "WHAT?! WHAT IS IT?!" He yelled frantically, not daring to look back. Y/n gulped, tripping over a rock and landing on his arse. Draco looked to his side, only to see Harry gone. What the hell was happening?

The dog began to bark as Y/n pointed behind Malfoy with shaking hands. "W-w-w-w-w-were-"

Before he could even finish the word, Malfoy screamed sprinting towards his fellow Slytherin and hiding behind him, he looked at the spot where he once stood only to see a smiling Harry standing there. "Wha-"

Y/n burst out laughing, petting the great dane, who licked his face. "You should've seen the look on your face! Brilliant!" he cackled, grabbing his stomach, not caring if he had soiled his robes. "OH FRED AND GEORGE ARE GONNA DROP DEAD WHEN- OW!"

Draco kicked Y/n's shins, huffing and glaring at him. "My father will hear about this!!" he yelled, kicking the boy repeatedly. "Ow- hey Dick! That hurts!"

"Well that's the point you-"

"Can the two of you stop? We need to find a unicorn, not bloody murder each other" Harry said, no longer amused. Just as the blonde was about to say something, a loud howl echoed throughout the woods. His brows furrowed, pulling Y/n up. "Hurry up!" he growled at the two.

Behind him, Y/n and Harry shared a high-five.

--»

"So we can't go out after curfew but we're sent to our possible death, all alone, without Hagrid in the forbidden forest?" Y/n rambled, shoving his hands down the pockets of his soiled robes, wishing he had brought a book with him.

The two only listened to the slytherin talk, it helped calm their nerves down, seeing the raven head treat this like its another day at school, constantly complaining about the staff. Their calmness wore off when the silence hit them, growing uneasy all of the sudden.

"...I'm not going insane, am I?" Y/n whispered, looking in front of him and rubbing his scar. All three of them froze, silently looking at the hooded figure on top of a unicorn carcass. It suddenly faced them, growling.

Draco screamed, running away with Fang to who knows where, leaving the twins to fend for themselves. Y/n morphed into a fox, snarling at the hooded figure who went closer to them. They both backed away, Harry hitting a wall made of tree roots and falling down.

"When I hoped for an adventure I didn't mean a knock-off of a grim reaper trying to murder us to DEATH-"

The fox's ears went flat, the hooded man wasn't intimidated at all, just as he feared. He bit on his brother's robes, tugging it towards the direction Malfoy ran. He began to shriek, trying to make his brother move, jumping in circles frantically.

The hooded figure began to back up, sounds of hooves growing near them. The twins looked up to see a centaur, driving the satan spawn away from them.

Y/n couldn't even process what was going on, but he did know that during that time as a fox, he saw a face. A very distinct face. That same infectious nervous face, he couldn't tell if he was hallucinating or not but he knew he had to find out more.

Not because he needed to, but because it was exciting to him.