14

——

14 - Girlfriend

——

"GOOD MORNING!" Charlie shouted, bounding into the practically empty Hufflepuff common room while listening to music on his headphones.

     He received a few "Good Morning"s in return from the fellow Hufflepuffs that were present as he danced his way towards his friends.

     Sam, Ben, Rose, Abby and Hestia were all sat on the sofa and had been waiting for him. Abby and Rose were having a staring competition (which Rose was winning much to the annoyance of Abby), and it looked liked Hestia and Sam were trying to convince Ben to let them dress him up for Halloween - which he was adamantly refusing to let them do (a smart decision in Charlie's opinion).

     Charlie paused in front of them and pulled out one of his headphones, "SWEETS!"

     He then reached into his pocket and proceeded to pull out Muggle sweets, and then threw them at his friends while dancing around like a hyper puppy.

     "Someone's in a good mood." Hestia grinned.

     "And someone is also wearing a Gryffindor hoodie." Sam muttered, gaining an elbow in the ribs from Ben, who was also grinning.

     Charlie shrugged, "Remus gave it to me yesterday and it's comfy."

     Hestia squealed (almost deafening the people near them) and said, "You were on a date with Remus yesterday?!"

     Charlie squeezed himself in between Sam and Hestia on the sofa. "It wasn't a date. Just two friends hanging out, and it was Sam's fault."

Sam faked a gasp, "Me? Oh no Charlie, it was fate. You two are soulmates after all."

     Charlie blushed and poked Sam in the side, "No we're not-"

     "YES! I WIN!" Abby shouted, jumping to her feet and doing a victory dance while singing, "Oh yeah! Oh yeah! I win! You Lose!" And pointing in Rose's face.

     Rose rolled her eyes, although she was smiling slightly, "Yeah. You won Abby, now please be quiet because half the common room is staring at us."

     She wasn't wrong.

     Abby sat back down again, still grinning widely, happy that she won their staring contest.

     "Who wants food?" Charlie suddenly said, jumping to his feet.

     He was extra happy today. His friends couldn't figure out if that was because it was Halloween tomorrow, or if it was because of his not-date with Remus yesterday.

     "I do." Sam said, grabbing Hestia and tugging her to her feet. "Let's go guys!"

     "Kitchen or Great Hall?" Ben asked, not moving from his spot on the sofa.

     Abby and Rose were now naming all the plants in the common room.

     "Kitchens?" Sam suggested.

     The door to the Hufflepuff common room opened and Fiona entered.

     "Babe!" Ben smiled, and rushed over to her, immediately leaping off the sofa.

     Charlie smiled at how cute they were. They were so in love, and neither of them saw it.

     "How did it go with Billy?" Ben whispered quietly.