Chapter Eight-Feeling Like Never Before

When someone becomes the beat to your heart. The oxygen to your lungs, the whisper to your soul....That's when you know. Losing that someone is not an option anymore.

....... ...... ..........

His every sob was breaking his heart in two. His every tear was burning his soul. Gulf slowly scooped him in his arms standing up from the floor. Mew was still holding on to him hiding his face in his shirt. But Gulf can feel the tears soaking his shirt wet as he hurriedly makes his way down the staircase. He can feel that Mew was losing consciousness. 

Everyone's eyes were on them. He can see Max sitting beside a bearly conscious San.

"San hear me clearly. I am not gonna repeat. " He said before leaving the place.

San stared up at him in fear and hatred.

"There are a few things I treasure in this world. And one of them is this person's smile that you made disappeared today." Gulf can feel the anger flowing throw him like water. If he wasn't holding Mew, San wouldn't have woke up tomorrow in one piece. He was sure of it. 

"This is my last warning to you. Do not mess with Mew anymore. Cause messing with him means messing with me. And I.." He stared directly at San's eyes, "I finish the people completely who even think about messing with me."

With that Gulf left that place carrying a barely conscious Mew in his arms.

"Today..You win Gulf Kanawut. " San whisper with hatred. " But One day. I'm gonna make you pay. Very dearly."

........ .............. ...................

Gun looked at Gulf with wide eyes as he comes towards the car carrying Mew in his arms.

"What happened?" Gun asked while opening the back door of his car. Gulf asked him to wait here before going in. But he never thought he will see a scene like this. Gulf's face showed anger but his eyes were soft as he looked at the man in his arms.

"I'll tell you later." He doesn't trust himself enough to remember what happened without going back there to make sure that the bastard never saw the light of the day again.

Gulf carefully tried to make Mew lie on the backseat but he wasn't letting go of his shirt. So he got in too  still holding him in his arms.

Gun was looking at Gulf in amazement. Is that really his friend cause the one that he knows doesn't show softness towards anyone at all. Who is this man exactly?

"Are you going to start the car or not?" Gulf was losing his patience now.

"Yes yes..I'm starting it." Gun got in the driver seat starting the car immediately and driving away from there.

"But where should we take him" He looked at Gulf through the rearview mirror. He was still holding that man tightly in his arms while looking at him with concern.

"I don't know where he lives."

"Then should we call his friends?

"But I don't have their number."

Gun sighed, "Very good kanawut. You're very good at socializing. It's been two weeks since you always sit with them on lunch and still don't have their numbers."

Gulf glared at him. And then looks back at Mew again. His face was tear strained. He felt a pang in his heart. He never wants to see him cry again. He wants to see that smile. That smile that always shines through his brown eyes. He wants to see it again.

"Drive towards my apartment."

Gun was shocked at first. Gulf never let just anyone into his apartment. It took years even for him to go there at first. It's because he doesn't trust people easily. 

But he decided to keep his mouth shut while driving towards Gulf's apartment.

................... .......... .............

"He won't be up for the whole night. I've already injected him with the medicine. It'll take the drug effect away." Dr. Aom said after checking the pulse of Mew.

Gulf eyes were still upon him with a blank expression. "Thanks."

"That's it?  A thanks? You called me at 3 a.m at to come here. Thanks won't do, Kana."

He looked at his friend with irritation. "Why do you still call me that name."

"Stop furrowing your eyebrows." She scolded him. "It won't make me stop calling you Kana."

Obviously, he knows that. After all, she is Matilda's daughter. Stubborn as hell like her mother.

Dr. Aom looked at him with a serious expression then. "You still don't like hospitals, Do you?"

He sighed going towards the window. It was all black outside. "If it was just about dislike I would've gone. But.. every time I go there..." He closed his eyes trying to block everything coming to his mind.

Dr. Aom sighed in sadness as she looks at him. This man..how many painful memories does he bear as a burden every day? 

"I'll wire the money to your account, Aom. Go home safely." 

"Who asked about money idiot. And yes yes..I'm going. You're always chasing me way."

She toook her bag and went towards the door. "Take care of yourself too....Kana"

Gulf looked at the door in frustration but she was gone by then. A small smile appeared on his lips. She won't listen. No use in arguing.

His eyes then fell on Mew. His eyes were closed. Gulf keeps looking at him for a long time, wanting to go near him. But something held him back. Maybe he won't like it if he is near him. he sighed again then went to lie on the couch. 

He doesn't know exactly when he fell asleep but he was awakened by a scream. He looked at Mew in confusion. 

"N..no....I don't want this...I don't...don't do this..." Mew kept screaming as his body started to shake vehemently. Gulf hurriedly went towards him.

"Mew...." He tried to make him wake up but he seems to be stuck in a nightmare."

He hurriedly scooped him in his arms holding onto him tightly..." Shhhh...calm down. No one can get to you now...Calm down.." He held Mew tightly to himself and after some time he can feel the other man calming down as his breathing became normal again. But Gulf didn't let go for the whole night. He held onto him as he started to feel scared for someone after a very long time. He didn't want to leave this man alone fighting with his nightmare.

Gulf knows nightmares. He was born into it. Once upon a time, he screamed too. But there was nobody to hold him. He was always alone. 

"From now on I won't let any nightmare disturb you. " He whispered to Mew who was sleeping peacefully now in his arms. His hand unconsciously holding onto Gulf's shirt again. 

"I will never let any pain get to you. I will not let you go through what I did. I will always protect this smile." He looked at Mew who snuggled even more closer to him in sleep. 

A smile slowly appeared on Gulf's face as he looks at him when the actual realization hit him.

"What to do Mew Suppasit? I think I have fallen in love with you."

............ ........... ............

Doneeeee. Thank you guys for being so supportive. Also thank you for liking my story. Your comments became my inspiration for continuing this story, Hopefully, you guys will like this chapter too. Let's meet again in the next chapter. Till then, byeeeeee.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment na..