That's Tomorrow

Getting bothered at work isn't an uncommon occurance for Asami. Between the two avatars and the people that also worked there, there wasn't actually much time she got to do her work. She didn't mind that much though, especially when it was just her friends.

Sukara sat lounged in a chair in Asami's office, bored from having nothing to do all day.

"Why don't you try teaching again?" Asami asked, flipping through some papers as she talked, "you were good at that right?"

"Yeah, but the academy in Republic City is gone," Sukara sighed, leaning back, "Amon attacked it the first time so parents were hesitant to put the kids back and then it was destroyed when Kuvira attacked. Interest was so low, they just never rebuilt it."

"Hmm," Asami said, letting the paper in front of her fall back onto the desk, "I'll mention it to president Moon."

"Asami," Sukara sighed, lifting her head from the back of the chair to look at her, "you can't keep handing me things."

"I'm not, I never said I'd get you a job," Asami smiled, "a bending academy would be good for the city. I designed a lot of this city, I'll just add the academy to the list. Oh and I was meaning to ask you about your new lady friend."

"Yeah?" Sukara asked, sitting up properly, "what about her?"

"Is she coming to the wedding?" Asami asked, going back to what she had been doing.

"Is she allowed?"

"Hey, rebound or not, she's your girlfriend, of course she can come," Asami told her, getting a smile out of Sukara, "besides I think you're going to need you comfort blanket because Kuvira may or may not be bringing Baatar Jr."

"What?" Sukara exclaimed, jerking herself to the edge of her seat, "what do you mean? She's coming? You don't even like her."

"I know but she's Korra's friend," Asami stammered as she tried to break the news gently, "and I when I agreed I thought you guys were going to go together. And its not that bad any more, we get along okay."

Sukara let out a large sighed as she slumped back into the chair.

"Sorry, I wanted to give you some warning," Asami said, getting up from her chair to go over to Sukara.

"The wedding, that's tomorrow," Sukara said, not looking up as Asami crouched down in front of her, "how is this warning?"

"Well, I didn't want you to cancel," Asami told her, placing a hand on her knee to try and comfort the now very stressed avatar, "I know you've been having a rough time with it."

"I wouldn't cancel," Sukara reasurred her, a little surprised that Asami thought that she would, "it's yours and Korra's wedding, I'm not going to cancel cause I'm too much of a coward to see my ex. You guys are too special to me for that."

"You know most of the time you're such an asshole," Asami chuckled, "funny but an asshole all the same, but sometimes, you can be such a sweetheart."

Sukara gave her a soft smile as Asami reached up and gave her two soft taps on the side of her face before going back to her desk.