Chapter 20: His Royal Return

Jeon Jeongguk spent the last 5 months looking for an explanation.

He searched high and low for the girl who had shaken his world so drastically since the moment he met her.

For 5 months. He had tried his best to turn the world upside down and inside out, looking for any trace of her murder. Any trace that could lead him to conclude who chose to end her beautiful life before it was even her time.

Some days all he saw was red. Cold red blood that was dripping from his fingers. Then a white light would appear and show glimpses of her smile, and he knew then that he wasn't losing it. That everything would be worth it.

And then those gory images would dissolve into dust, bringing him back into the reality that was now.

A reality where she was gone, without an arms length from him, but rather a lifetime away from him.

A distance from heaven and earth was in their way and he knew that no matter how much he would try to close that distance, it would only grow bigger and bigger the more he tried.

And regardless of the circumstances, regardless of the consequences that the balance of life would wreck on him, he took that risk.

Because life wouldn't have any meaning if she wasn't in it.

___________

Chamonix : 5 Months ago

Jeon Jeongguk was asked by his father to call all of his friends and meet once again at one of their safe houses, and he had chosen Chamonix for it was near to most of them.

His father had required him to tell his friends to meet so that he could announce the fact that not only was he the prominent heir of the one of the most notorious mafia families in the world, but as well as the fact that his grandfather was the current king of North Korea.

Jeongguk's family had made sure that no traces of the Black Dragon group would be connected to the North Korean rule, but his grandfather had realised the immense power of support his friends would give if they knew that jeongguk was in line.

But he didn't want it.

Running the Black Dragon was substantially a huge thing, but to rule a country? He wasnt cut out for that. His Jin Hyung, for sure, would be one hell of a ruler when he steps in line for the South Korean throne, but he, Jeon Jeongguk was different.

And not bothering to prolong the matter, he had told his grandfather about his lack of interest towards it and had asked that he choose another one of his cousins.

His grandfather was a man of few words but was always delighted in him. The old man's eyes were lethal yet would bring warmth when smiling.

Yet since he was a child, it was the first time had seen his grandfather with such silence that he felt like he was suffocating from it.

The reason why his grandfather had wanted him to be the one next line was because, since he was born, there were already prophecies of his birth.

And being the first and only male grandson from his favourite son, had made the ruler of the north take such a liking on him.

He had called his friends ahead of time, a little time before his own father comes to their safety spot and announce something of his own, so Jeongguk had tried to get the better of him.

He was going to announce to all of his friends that he had plans on claiming the rule and that no matter what his father would say, they would just go with the flow until Jeongguk would be able to find a way to stop it.