CH-5 TALKING TO THE MOON

I immediately went to the garden and was shocked after looking at Aqsa

I immediately went to the garden and was shocked after looking at Aqsa. She was standing over a pedestal, looking high above towards the shining moon, her hands on her hips and a frown on her face.

"Aqsa, what are you doing?" I tried really hard to sound calm. My heart ard was thumping loudly.

"I am talking to Mr Moon." She said in a childish accent.

"Mr Moon?" My eyes narrowed.

"Yeah. That big Rasgulla in the sky." She pointed towards the moon.

She is calling the moon, a Rasgulla.

"Aqsa, are you drunk?"

"Yes, I drank Coca-Cola." With a prideful grin, like she won the Miss World pageant.

The way she was talking, I thought she was actually drunk.

"Okay, about what are you talking to Mr Moon?"

"I requested him that I want to meet my Ammi. But he isn't replying."

Ammi?

"But how Mr Moon will help you to meet your Ammi?"

"Dadi used to tell me that my Ammi lives in the kingdom of the moon, as a star. There are so many stars in the sky. I don't know who is my Ammi. That's why I want Mr Moon's help. It's his kingdom, he would definitely find out my Ammi among these uncountable stars." She tried to sound logical. For a second, I began to believe that it was possible.

I didn't know what I should say. There was a time when I used to find my Ammi among these stars. I can relate to her. I can understand, life is really tough without a mother.

But at that moment,
I had to handle Aqsa. She was not in her right senses.

"Aqsa, Mr Moon had phoned me."

"Really!?" Her eyes beamed with... hope.

"Yeah, he told me that I have to take you to your Ammi."

"Wow! You'll take me to my Ammi?"

"Yes, now come with me."

She followed me like an obedient child. I made her sit in my car, tied her seatbelt and took her to my home.

I can't send her to her home in this drunken state, especially when I know how rude her family is towards her.

I took her to the guest room.
"Now sleep."

"Why? I haven't met Ammi yet."

"If you'll sleep, then you'll meet your Ammi." I felt like I am her grandpa with these instructions and all.

"How?"

"Your Ammi told me that she'll meet you in your dream."

"Really! I am sleeping."

She immediately laid on the bed and soon fell asleep. How is it possible? It took me an hour or so to fell asleep. And she was deep in sleep in merely ten minutes.

I covered her with a blanket and kept looking at her.

I noticed that Aqsa has a perfect oval-shaped face. She looks innocent, which she isn't at all.

Usually, girls like her will be naive. But this madam is too much. She openly shows her hate and anger for her family. She is brave to ask me that why am I rumoured to be a playboy. She is different. She is unique. She is bolder than average girls.

I always used to think that only I am one who went through this tragedy. But she has too suffered it. And there will be many who didn't receive their mother's love.

The person who never received the love of a mother is the most unfortunate in this universe.

I sat down on a couch in the guest room. I silently cried for a while. Tears were flowing, I was continuously wiping them. I wanted to cry aloud but kept quiet. I also have a heart, which gets hurt on the thought that I am alone in this vicious world.

People think I am arrogant and heartless, but they don't know what I have suffered.

It's my courage that I am trying to act like a normal person, after such a difficult and horrible childhood.

I read in a book that, if the beginning is full of grief then the ending will be merrier.

I am waiting for my merry ending. A peaceful ending.

☆☆☆☆☆☆
A short chapter, but a deep chapter.

Life is lifeless, without a mother.